Empower Oracle database failure

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
After several transient power cuts over the weekend, a computer running Empower 2 gives the following error when you attempt to log in:

Database connection failed
Attempted connection to:
Service: local
Oracle error: -1
ORA-0133 Oracle initialisation or shutdown in progress

Does this mean the database is broken, unbacked up data is lost, and I will need to reinstall, or is there a way to fix this? Oracle itself is running and I have tried several reboots.
It means that the computer w/ the database on it (typically referred to as the application server) was rebooted. All you should have to do is close your client windows and repeat your usual login procedure.
Thanks,
DR
Are you on a client server environment, or standalone?

Looks like you are trying to login on a local database.

Ace
Hi Mrstratford,
did you manage to fix this?
Empower
MVC - Medicon Valley Consult
www.mvc-consult.com
This just happened to me (following a storm last weekend). Same error message. Tried rebooting, but I get the same error over and over again.

I can turn the database on and off from cmd, but it doesn't seem to mount properly. I can shutdown and startup the database, but when I try this...

5. To confirm that the Empower database is running, enter the following commands:
SQL> select file_name, tablespace_name, bytes, status from dba_data_files;

I do not get the desired output. Looking for ideas.

Also - I recovered the data files. Is there any way to view them?
5 posts Page 1 of 1