Moving Chromeleon Client to a new PC

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Right now we have Chromeleon 6.50 SP1 running on a old XP Computer and before it dies i want to get it moved to our new computer system.

But im having problem getting the dongle or license key to work properly. I had driver problems with the dongle at first but i believe i have fixed them, but the software will still not detect or accept it.

I still have access to the current machine running XP and were moving it to Windows 10. Is there anything im missing or should try?

I'm not too surprised you're having issues. The error is telling you there's a driver problem, and WinXP and Win10 use entirely different driver platforms.

That being said, the error also says there's a problem finding the file specified. WinXP and Win10 also have different directory structures, so it might be trying to find a file on a directory path which exists on WinXP but not Win10. This was a problem I recently had getting a Vintage WinXP temp. logger program work in Win 7. Once I tracked down the paths, it worked fine. Maybe try that.

Good luck.
I just cloned the XP Machine and put it in my VMware pool and works fine with PCOIP thin clients.
Hi,

CM 6.50 is built for WIn 2000 and XP, not for Win10. This definitly won't work !
Current CM Version is 6.8 with SR15 which is supported under WIN 7.
You'll have to clarify if your system is running under Win7, means DXLan is not supported by Win7.

Regards
It wont work. It's like trying to play Super mario brothers (NES) on a PS4
You need to upgrade to Chromeleon 7.2 for WIN 10

When IT updates a PC, the first thing they should ask is what CDS is running and do the homework first
5 posts Page 1 of 1