Xcalibur Quan Browser fail to export to Excel

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
I am working on a Thermo TSQ Quantum Ultra HPLC-QqQ.
I tried to establish a quantitative analysis on 5 compounds with external standard (5 point curve), and at the same time a semi-quantitative analysis on 25 other isomers without standards (but share the same MS/MS with the 5 standards).

To finish this, I set up the proper levels for the 5 compounds in the "processing setup" of Xcalibur, and leave the levels blank for the 25 isomers. According to the suggestion from our staff, this should provide us the quantified concentrations of the 5 compounds, and the peak areas (but no conc.) for the isomers. Then I could quantify the isomers using the equation from the 5.

It indeed worked in Quan Browser, but when I wish to export the result to excel short or long report, the system respond "Fail to generate short/long report in Excel".

What could be the reason for this problem? Did I included too many isomers? Or the way I treated isomer levels was not correct ? Or the names of the isomers could somehow trigger the failure?

Thanks for your time and attention!

Tony Tian
Problem solved.
Parenthesis [] could not be included in the names of components.
Hi,

I had a similar problem. In my case the file could not be exported because of compound names in the processing file that contained numbers. When I replaced the numbers with letters the export to excel file worked. This is only for the compound names in the processing file. I had also numbers included in the sample list and this was fine.

Kind regards,
Asja
3 posts Page 1 of 1