Issues with Chemstation and a 5890SII

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am needing a little assistance in setting up our GC with the HPIB interface. We are using Chemstation (2070, v. A 1.701) on WIN 98, with a HP82335 HPIB card connected to a 5890SII. After configuring everything, the software won't see the GC. I have the 82335 set to address 7 and the GC to address 8. I have tried changing the HPIB addresses of both the card and the GC with no luck. I've never had this much difficulty before and I can't seem to get them talking. Got any ideas?

Thanks!
Jeffc

From Agilent: "ChemStation software is neither tested nor supported for use with Windows 98. If you decide to run ChemStation SW on Windows 98, you do so at your own risk.
Since we will not be able to support a ChemStation package running on Windows 98, we strongly urge you to either:

Upgrade Windows 98 to Windows NT Workstation 4.0, service pack 3.
Upgrade your 82335 HP-IB card to an 82341 HP-IB card. The 82335 card will not work with Windows NT.
GC ChemStation revisions A.05.01 thru A.06.0x are supported with Windows NT.
Load Windows 95, service pack 2
This will allow you to use your 82335 HP-IB card.
GC ChemStation revisions A.04.01 thru A.06.0x are supported with Windows 95." We haven't used Chemstation on Windows 98 here, and we only use the 82335 on Pentium I or older. On our Pentium II and newer we use the 82341 board. We run either Win95 or Windows 2000 for our Chemstations, either A.06 or A.09.
2 posts Page 1 of 1