Data manipulation software

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
We use a Class-10 ATVP shimadzu software coupled with CLASS-VP software.

Considering the operational load on HPLC, a copy of sofware is required to installed on other PCs where student can process and manipulate chromatography data.

We have a single installation license for Class-VP software and further it needs a hardware key installed on parllel port on a PC for running, so its not feasible to install it on other PCs.

Is there available any Free (free in terms of cost) software for data processing and manipulation?
or if there is any other way to do the same job?
Jitender Madan
Division of Pharmaceutics
Central Drug Research Institute
Lucknow, India

If you are thinking of things like setting baselines, peak beginning/end, etc., I don't know of anything. If you are thinking of post-processing (calibration plots, statistices, etc.) then you might look at openoffice calc (http://www.openoffice.org/). It's open-source (i.e., free), reads and writes MS Excel files, has macro capability (the macro language is similar in concept, but not interchangeable with VBA used by Excel). You would obviously have to develop your own forms and macros.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
@ Jupille- indeed I am looking for a software capable of setting baselines, computing areas etc.

For calibration and statistics there exist many free software. My favorite among free software for same are : Instat Plus and Genstat Discovery Edition.
Jitender Madan

Division of Pharmaceutics

Central Drug Research Institute

Lucknow, India
Allthough not free, you could use the Reprocessing License of Class-VP. It is "only" a few hundred $ per reprocessing license. You would need one reprocessing license per PC.

I do not know of any free chromatography data processing software.

JW
4 posts Page 1 of 1