bus LAC/E could not be booted

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm having a problem connecting to the HPLC and getting the message "Bus LAC/E on node could not be booted". Is this a computer problem or a connection issue? Computer is connected to both a Waters bus SAT/IN module (DATA port) and Allliance 2695 separation module (IEEE488). How should the SAT/IN and 2695 be connected to the 996 photodiode detector (to be sure these are correct)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve
It is most likely a computer problem. Sounds like you tried to remote "soft" boot a Lace box. Did you try to "hard" boot the lace (physically holding the power button in until it shuts down followed by re-pressing the power button to power it back up)?
SAT/INs are for digitizing the analog output of a detector. If you want to collect a single wavelength on a 996, you should be able to do so, but control of the 996 will be via another cable...

Has this setup ever worked for you?
If so, your LACE needs some sort of attention - attach a keyboard/monitor/mouse and see what's going on when you power it up.
Thanks,
DR
Did you figure this out? I just went through by second bus LAC/E card this way, and I am trying to resolve this. People refurbish the cards, so there must be a way to fix them, but I can't find any info.
4 posts Page 1 of 1