Data points to excel

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

This is possibly a rather dumb questions but I am using Chemstation for LC (Rev. B.02.01 [244]) and I want to draw my chromatogram in my pre-existing excel file. I dont want to çut and paste the chromatogram (which in the data folder is a .EMF image). I looking for the data points, so that I can draw the graph my way in excel. Does anyone know how to transfer the data onto excel? In my data folder, there are .CSV files which do not contain the data and ofcourse the .xls file which contain the info on the peaks, but I want the data ponts. Can anyone help?
Hello

It is pretty simple:

1.In Data Analysis open file you want to export to excel
2.Go to tab File - Export File - CSV file
3.In column "select data source" choose "Signal"
4.Select location where you want to save file
5.Open in Excel. You will have all points (time vs. signal)

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Hello Tomasz,

Thanks so much for your reply. I don't seem to have the export option in my software. I have started the software - went to File - Load Signal and loaded my data. I then go to the data analysis tab (on the bottom left of the screen) and then back to the File tab and their is no export file option - infact there is not even a "save as data" option - only save as method or library. Am I looking in the wrong place?

-Rabbani
Hello

You probably have some options disabled.
Go to Data Analysis.
Check tab "view" - you should see "short menu" at the bottom. If you see "full menu" click on it and then you should activate all options in drop down menu.
Go to tab "File" and you should be able to export files to .csv format.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Tomasz!

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm and I cannot believe I spent weeks trying to solve this! Thanks again.
It really not less than a magic :o

Thanks buddy! :D
6 posts Page 1 of 1