Galaxie software drivers

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a Varian CP4900 micro-GC using Galaxie software, ver 1.9 and although I was able to use this same software to successfully set up a Varian 430 GC (because I had a separate updated drivers disk), the original driver setup on the Galaxie software disk is corrupted and I can't load the driver for the CP4900. This update disk did not have the 4900 drivers on it. So, since Galaxie is no longer supported by Agilent, just wondering if any kind soul out there has these drivers and would be willing to make a copy and send to me?

Thanks.
Problem resolved. Had back up set of drivers
Hello,

All drivers and docuamentation for Galaxie can be uploaded on www.drivercentral.net site (from Persistent).

Hope that helps in the future
Thanks aaudouar for the link.

Good to know.

Cmoral
Just wondering if anyone has an updated source for these GC drivers?
[removed]
cmoral wrote:

cmoral

your post is one of the most recent ones that managed to setup CP-4900 with the Galaxie 1.9.

Maybe you can help me to do as well: I followed the instructions for the installation of Galaxie v1.9 and the GC controller. I am able to setup and connect the system via the Configuration Manager. The CP-4900 communicates and sends/receives the settings. Note that the two channels/columns are colored red, everything else seems ok and the CP-4900 is Ready. I do not know if this is ok or indicates an issue.

Nevertheless, when I open the Galaxie software the System does not appear at all, for any user. I have only one system so I do know if this is a problem with the CP-4900 or the Galaxie.

Any guess?
Hi,

Just inherited a Varian 450-GC and Galaxie original software. The Galaxie serial number was passed on but the Varian-GC driver serial number not. Can anybody help please?

Thanks

kkakosim wrote:
cmoral wrote:

cmoral

your post is one of the most recent ones that managed to setup CP-4900 with the Galaxie 1.9.

Maybe you can help me to do as well: I followed the instructions for the installation of Galaxie v1.9 and the GC controller. I am able to setup and connect the system via the Configuration Manager. The CP-4900 communicates and sends/receives the settings. Note that the two channels/columns are colored red, everything else seems ok and the CP-4900 is Ready. I do not know if this is ok or indicates an issue.

Nevertheless, when I open the Galaxie software the System does not appear at all, for any user. I have only one system so I do know if this is a problem with the CP-4900 or the Galaxie.

Any guess?
Found this website with some drivers and the Galaxie v1.10 . It includes some v1.9 keys as well

http://gazanaliz.ru/manuals/Varian/serv ... _index.HTM

mginige wrote:
Hi,

Just inherited a Varian 450-GC and Galaxie original software. The Galaxie serial number was passed on but the Varian-GC driver serial number not. Can anybody help please?

Thanks

kkakosim wrote:
cmoral wrote:

cmoral

Any guess?
kkakosim wrote:
The CP-4900 communicates and sends/receives the settings. Note that the two channels/columns are colored red, everything else seems ok and the CP-4900 is Ready. I do not know if this is ok or indicates an issue.

I managed to get it work. After the installation, I setup a new system etc (see above comment), that didn't work but communication was ok. I removed the system and added a new one, and everything went smoother with the Channels coming out "Green" and the System appearing for the User. Hope it helps, anyone.
Thank you so much for your help on this. I will try whether the Key would work.

kkakosim wrote:
Found this website with some drivers and the Galaxie v1.10 . It includes some v1.9 keys as well

http://gazanaliz.ru/manuals/Varian/serv ... _index.HTM

mginige wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

kkakosim wrote:

cmoral

Any guess?
Hi,

I am now struggling to make a connection between 450-GC and Galaxie configuration manager. I have re-installed Galaxie (as a standalone) on a freshly installed Windows XP-SP2 computer. There is no antivirus software installed in this computer and the windows firewall has been disabled.

Since a static IP is used in the GC and in the computer I have tried to make a connection via “systems” in Galaxie configuration manager. The Galaxie 450-GC drivers are being identified and even the system finds the static IP assigned to the GC automatically. When activation communication is clicked it says “communication parameters activated” but does not say “setup received from instrument” suggesting communication is not complete. The GC and the computer is directly connected using a cross over cable.

Hope you all could provide some suggestion to sort this out please.
cmoral wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a Varian CP4900 micro-GC using Galaxie software, ver 1.9 and although I was able to use this same software to successfully set up a Varian 430 GC (because I had a separate updated drivers disk), the original driver setup on the Galaxie software disk is corrupted and I can't load the driver for the CP4900. This update disk did not have the 4900 drivers on it. So, since Galaxie is no longer supported by Agilent, just wondering if any kind soul out there has these drivers and would be willing to make a copy and send to me?

Thanks.

Hi
I have this problem too
Can you help me
My instrument is gc varian 3900
Communication is ok but in red mode and i can't see in galaxie software
Tnx
cmoral wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi
I have this problem too
Can you help me
My instrument is gc varian 3900
Communication is ok but in red mode and i can't see in galaxie software
Tnx
Hi,
Can anyone share Galaxie 1.9 or any other software to operate Varian 490 microGC Please?
15 posts Page 1 of 1