Hi all! I have been trying to set up the LCMS at my company and I am kind of in the final stages of getting it up and running. LC communicates fine with computer (through Chemstation and Analyst) and the MS turbo vacuum in status green! But when I try to connect the MS to the computer, either by itself or tethered with the LC,which is also by GPIB to the computer, the software cannot connect to the MS no matter what I do. I have tried opening up National Instruments diagnostics for GPIB connections, but something interesting happens. The NI program detects a new device, gives it a primary address = 1, but cannot talk with it. I tried to *IDN? command prompt it but it is as still as a rock. Currently, the GPIB board on the PC acts as the "tether" and connects to the LC and MS via 2 GPIB cables, with the MS one on top of the LC one.

So if anyone has experience hooking the instrument up to a PC, for example, cable connections, order of installation, drivers, etc, I would love your input on this. Need major help to get the set up finished and start screening samples. Thank you all!

C