Software for 8453 UV-vis chemstation

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I apologize ahead of time since this is not a chromatography question, but I thought this would be a good place to ask. We recently pulled an 8453 UV-vis spectrophotometer off of the shelf, and the computer we were running it on is dead. We have all of the product keys to run it, but I cannot find the hard copy of CDs anywhere. Does anyone happen to have version A.10.01 or B.01.01 that has G1115AA? The chromatography CDs do not seem to have that software revision on it. Agilent has been less than helpful...

Please let me know if you can help!

Thank you,

Aaron
Hi,
This product version already absolute by Agilent, but
I could help you got one, let me know if you need
------
GiMiTEC | https://gimitec.com/catalog
------
Hi Gaumit,

I am out of options and any help you can provide would be highly valuable.

You can contact me at my personal email if you would like to discuss more: aapon123321@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Aaron
I think that G1115 software on the versions of Chemstations was only with the earlier revisions, like before A.9
Hi,
For 8453 with Jet direct LAN card or G1369A LAN card, could be use max to B04.03 version,
but it up to Window version and IO version also.

Hi Aaron, I will drop email to you

Sincerely,
------
GiMiTEC | https://gimitec.com/catalog
------
My colleague was able to help me get it to work on a copy of B.04.03.

Thank you all for your help.

Best,

Aaron
I'd definitely appreciate a later version. I access a 8453 via a JetDirect 400N, and run A.08.03 on a WinXP VM using remote desktop. I can't imagine what modern conveniences might be waiting for me.
I have also been looking for a newer version of software for HP8453. I have version A.06.04 which can only run on Win98, and my old PC is having problems starting.

Agilent refuses to help as they stopped all support one year ago - they say.

If you find a solution - please let also me know.

Best regards,
Niels
Since you already have a Chemstation license and license number (which you'd still use), I can supply replacement media for you. Post your E-mail address here, and after I E-mail you, you can delete that from your post.

That said, I ask for a minimum charge if I need to mail a CD disc, and a little less if I can send to you through E-mail/Internet transfer.

I have Chemstations from A.06 to A.10; but I'm not a computer expert but according to what is included in the software, it seems to me that A.08 is the newest that supports 8453 UV-Vis, and I don't know offhand what versions of Windows has been tested as compatible with A.08, there's an Agilent compatibility chart on the Internet.

A.08:
"Date: July- 13 - 2000
This file contains the revision information for the Software Products
on this CD-ROM.
ChemStation for GC, LC, LC-MS, CE and A/D Revision - A.08.03 [847]
ChemStation for UV-Vis Revision - A.08.03 [71]
I/O Libraries Revision - H.01.02.00
Bootp Server Revision - 1.2
ChemAccess Revision - A.01.03 [411]
ChemStation Companion Revision - 0.1.73"

A.09:Date: 24 - September - 2002
"This file contains the revision information for the Software Products
on this CD-ROM.
ChemStation for GC, LC, LC-MS, CE, CE-MS and A/D Revision - A.09.03 24-Sept-2002
I/O Libraries Revision - J.02.00.01
Bootp Server Revision - 1.2
ChemStation Companion Revision - 0.1.73"
Per this Agilent forum post, the most current version to support the 8453 is B.05.04[8]. The version is Win 10 compatible.
gaumit wrote:
Hi,
For 8453 with Jet direct LAN card or G1369A LAN card, could be use max to B04.03 version,
but it up to Window version and IO version also.

Hi Aaron, I will drop email to you

Sincerely,

I found the same info. Please email me with what yo uneed to get the latest B04.03 version. Thanks! nmdraleigh@gmail.com
11 posts Page 1 of 1