Embedded PC not responding - Waters Quattro Micro

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

102 posts
When receiving new HDD with masslynx, you can as your IT Team to do a clone of it (not à ghost). In that way you will be able to use it instead when the new one is down.

Regarding user manual, I will send it to you ;)
Grandgui wrote:
When receiving new HDD with masslynx, you can as your IT Team to do a clone of it (not à ghost). In that way you will be able to use it instead when the new one is down.

Regarding user manual, I will send it to you ;)

Thanks for your helps. I'll be glad to have documents first. let me know if you want to send it via E-mail or Dropbox.

Regards
I am having the same problem and tried to follow what you wrote but I stopped as I did not find "waters" under "program files" I guess I am missing something or?

I can ping epc and get response from 64.1.1.2 but that happen when I force the PC IP to 64.1.1.2 as it says I have something else using 64.1.1.1.

I think I have a conflict with some of the other equipments connected throw other ports. I have ctc autosampler and shimatzu pumps connected together with quattro micro api to winxp.

I did read something about a PC-setup file that someone can send by email? abdohsalah@hotmail.com is my email if anyone has this file.

I would appreciate any inputs that can help seeing my instrument.

I noticed that I always get a message saying that the line is un plugged. I also noticed that the pump status is alternating between ready or not connected. My gut feelings they are fighting on one port (IP)

Any Ideas???
Documents sent. Sorry I don't have any experience on how to connect Shimadzu equipment.
Looking for Masslynx 4.1 Installation media. If you've original disks and don't need, I'll be glad to have them.
bahram111@yahoo.com
Problems solved for now.
I've got another PC loaded with Masslynx,( installation media is included), and all documents that I could have from Waters local distributor.
Now, I'm connected to Quattro Micro API, and connection seems OK.
I'll be glad if somebody tells me what's next steps to get instrument working. ( tips and hints). system has no fault or error.

Vacuum reads 1.5*10-3

thanks for all helps and comments
Hi

I wonder if anyone has a guide for setting up network communications with the Quattro Micro and a PC running Windows 7 and Masslynx 4.1

I think I am hung up on setting up the network and IIS settings. So far, I am unable to ping or telnet to the EPC and from the network connections page, it does not appear I have communications with the EPC.

I have tried to use the XP setup as a guide, but I have not been able to establish the FTP connection.

Its a clean install of Win 7 and Masslynx following a hard drive failure.

We are looking to move over from XP computers to Win 7 to aid automated backing up of data on the system.

Thanks in advance.
pharm1 wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone has a guide for setting up network communications with the Quattro Micro and a PC running Windows 7 and Masslynx 4.1

I would not be surprised if this would not work at all. MassLynx 4.1 is quite old and I don't think that all windows functions that are used by this software are still available in Windows 7. As long as you can't use your instrument, try to load some old data files and look at them, see if processing works, then invest more time in the network issue.

pharm1 wrote:
I think I am hung up on setting up the network and IIS settings. So far, I am unable to ping or telnet to the EPC and from the network connections page, it does not appear I have communications with the EPC.

Up to this stage, this is not MassLynx related. Did you disable your windows firewall (you can disable it completely for the network interface used for the MS). Also be sure to disable all energy saving functions.

pharm1 wrote:
I have tried to use the XP setup as a guide, but I have not been able to establish the FTP connection.
Its a clean install of Win 7 and Masslynx following a hard drive failure.

This is the best you can get. Good luck, and keep us posted if it works!

Jörg
Thanks for the reply again Jorg...great suggestions, especially the firewall, which seems to have expanded its reach in Win 7.

There are reports on the internet of Win 7 and Masslynx working, so I am still going to keep trying. I am certain its network card/communications settings, a new challenge for today !

Mike
Hi
First, let us know which version do you use.
I'm using last version ( 4.1 SCN#805) and it works pretty well under windows 7.
But, as mentioned before, you've to solve your PC setting before you can ping EPC. if settings are not correct and you cant remotely login to your PC FTP, EPC wont boot and you can ping it. So, first turn MASS off, and try setting up FTP service on PC and loging in to that. if you do this, I think Mass will work smoothly.
Thanks....I got the FTP settings from Waters and I have managed to get my FTP set up correctly. I was able to connect with the EPC and now its appears all is working well with Win 7 and Masslynx 4.1.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike
dr_bahram1977 wrote:
Hi

Is #805 available as a free upgrade (I use version #429. )? Do you have the version history document describing what has been changed? I can't seem to find it on the Waters website. I'd definitley also like to upgrade the workstation to Win 7 for workgroup server management reasons.

Thanks
Jörg
I could not located my SCN #, but I am certain its an early release, as we installed from the original disks with no other upgrades. So my thoughts are it should be OK for the early versions of 4.1 too.
bunnahabhain wrote:
dr_bahram1977 wrote:
Hi

Is #805 available as a free upgrade (I use version #429. )? Do you have the version history document describing what has been changed? I can't seem to find it on the Waters website. I'd definitley also like to upgrade the workstation to Win 7 for workgroup server management reasons.

Thanks
Jörg

I'm not sure if it's available as free upgrade or not.
I don't have version history, but a document about new changes.
here are some parts of that document:

"Software Change Note #805 provides support for Windows 7 Professional Edition 64 bit, as well as
fault fixes for MassLynx 4.1. This SCN replaces SCN 714 and SCN 737.
The following MS instruments are supported on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and
Microsoft Windows XP:
• Waters TQ Detector
• Waters SQ Detector
• 3100 Mass Detector
• Quattro Micro GC
• Quattro Premier XE
• Quattro Micro API
• ZQ

Fault Fixes in SCN 805
As well as changes to support the Windows 7 operating system, SCN805 includes the following fault
fixes for MassLynx 4.1.
MS
• User is now warned when IntelliStart changes the active calibration.
• Invalid options “Show Advanced Function” and “Show Points” removed from Quattro micro
GC method editor.
• Misleading “Measured Mass” column removed from IntelliStart calibration report.
• Function numbering corrected for functions with identical time windows.
• Analog output range corrected to be 0-2V.
• Fix for Neutral Loss function on Quattro micro.
• Fix for analog channel selection in Method Editor.
• Fault has been corrected that led to an error message about missing ipr files.
Inlets
• Fix to prevent possible early termination of ELSD run on ACQUITY systems.
• FID now works with Agilent 7890 GC.
• Increased communications timeout to prevent “Server Busy” messages.
OpenLynx
• Corrected display of peak integration in the browser.

MS
• Ion beam becomes very weak after switching in experiments that contain both CI pos and
CI neg. It is recommended that users avoid mixing CI pos and CI neg functions in a single
experiment.
• Default settings for neutral loss function are incorrect and must be amended before saving.
"
Quattro Micro is only supported on ML 4.1 scn 805 and you have to configure Windows to get it to communicate. Don't forget the Micromass user acount in Windows.
102 posts