Embedded PC not responding - Waters Quattro Micro

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

102 posts
bunnahabhain wrote:
The EPC is looking for it's operating system on the workstation's ftp server: You have to properly set up the ftp server and the user "micromass", the EPC will constantly reboot and try to connect.
Leave your e-mail address and I'll send you an instruction document how to do that.

Regards
Jörg

Dear Colleagues,
I have the same problem with eternal reboot... And I do not know what to do. Can you send me the same instructions? I have a Synapt G1 HDMS instrument, but maybe it will be suitable for me too...
At my first attempt EPC didn't even try to boot because of the Lan Boot Agent (PXE-E05 error), I found a similar motherboard, but now it goes to eternal reboot..
My e-mail: TemerdashevAZ@gmail.com

Thank you!
And one more strange thing - I can ping IP 127.0.0.1 connection, but the right one should be 64.1.1.2 according to the manual...
127.0.0.1 is often the "host" ip address. In other words, the computer is pinging iteself.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
tom jupille wrote:
127.0.0.1 is often the "host" ip address. In other words, the computer is pinging iteself.

Exactly my situation :-) Finally, my EPC responds to ping 64.1.1.2, but there are still the same errors in MassLynx. That's strange...
I also can access ftp and there are no issues when I'm trying to access the vxworks folder, but nothing changed...
You mentioned a new motherboard. IIRC there is some firmware chip on the original mainboard which tells the EPC where to load the vxworks. Did you transfer it to the new motherboard? Sorry our Quattro Ultima is out of service since more than one year, I can't have a look into it any more...
bunnahabhain wrote:
You mentioned a new motherboard. IIRC there is some firmware chip on the original mainboard which tells the EPC where to load the vxworks. Did you transfer it to the new motherboard? Sorry our Quattro Ultima is out of service since more than one year, I can't have a look into it any more...

Thank you for your response!
I changed back the motherboard (the original one is installed again) to avoid issues with the integrated chip :-) In the boot process of EPC PXE-E05 error (LAN adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized. The boot agent cannot continue) appears (I connected the monitor to EPC via VGA cable). But at the same time, it established a connection and I can see properties send and receive packages. But the system still didn't boot completely. The boot sequence in BIOS is: 1- HDD, 2- Floppy.
I also disabled firewall (in settings and the second step was barbarian - I disabled it in services), but it changed nothing :-(
I've acquired a micromass zq which is powered up and functioning. Thanks to Jorg's instructions I received from another user, I was able to setup the licensed copy of micromass 4.1 that I purchased separately. The instrument is talking to the computer (windows XP) when I logon using the administrator logon.
However, when I try and logon using the micromass user, several files are write protected and I cannot get the program to work.

When I try and calibrate the instrument from the administrator login, as soon as I hit acquire the instrument loses connection with the computer. When I shut down masslynx and restart it, the instrument appears to still be acquiring, but no data to calibrate with.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Oh! Dear Colleagues, maybe someone can create an image of your system (ISO)? Maybe if I will use it with proper SCN for Synapt it will help?

P.S. Dear mcooper139, but your PC still can acquire the data via MassLynx? Only calibration part is an issue? Or you cannot connect to your instrument? Did the OS has booted on EPC?
Thank you for the reply.
I noticed the user on my pc was micromass (lower case m). I changed it to Micromass and voila! No problems with write protected files.

However, when I try and run the calibration, the instrument immediately disconnects. The EPC is booting and I can connect and control the instrument as expected. I have air peaks in the ion windows, but they seem to be off a bit. After it disconnects, I restart masslynx and the computer eventually reconnects as usual. I'm trying to calibrate with air peaks.
Any help you have would be most appreciated.

Best,
Mark
mark@capats.com
bunnahabhain wrote:
Post your e-mail, I will drop you a mail containing the step-by-step setup instructions.

Jörg

Hi Jörg, it looks like you've been helping a lot of people with this issue for a very long time! We've just acquired an LCT Premier and it just keeps rebooting every 30 seconds or so. Can you please send us a copy of your guide on how to set up the host PC?

I'm at jc.waite@phycobloom.com
Dear Jörg,

Can you kindly send me your instructions for setting up the ftp server for us to try out with our LCT Premier XE to greg.cawthray@uwa.edu.au?

Many thanks
Greg
Hello @bunnahabhain user, Jörg
I have same trouble with our quattro premier and masslynx 4.1 on windowds 7 , my email address is jvh_64@yahoo.com, may I access to instruction document how to solve connecting problem, thanks alot
If anyone can help me, I will appreciate
102 posts