Embedded PC not responding - Waters Quattro Micro

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

102 posts
Hello,

We just received a Waters MicroMass Quattro and have a new PC with MassLynx 4.1 installed. I am trying to get the FTP service running. Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to set up the host PC? I've followed most of this thread, I can FTP in using another PC and the mentioned credentials, but the MicroMass Quattro tries to FTP, it connects for a brief second, then beeps and continuously reboots.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide!
Post your e-mail, I will drop you a mail containing the step-by-step setup instructions.

Jörg
Hello,

I am having the same issues. Can you send me the setup document. My email is stesimon220@outlook.com.
bunnahabhain wrote:
Post your e-mail, I will drop you a mail containing the step-by-step setup instructions.

Jörg

Sir I have the same problem with Qattro micro
My email address jibualexcpta@gmail.com. Please send me the instruction file
Hello Jörg, could you send me too the sptep by step instructions as I have the same problem with a Micro-Q-Tof (2003).

Many thanks,

Peter
prhjones@gmail.com
bunnahabhain wrote:

Jörg

Hello Jörg,
I am having the same problem with a quattro premier (2004) with the workstation running masslynx 4.0.

Could you please send me the instructions on how to set-up the workstation properly?

My email is: mathias.elgland.phd@gmail.com

Best regards,
Mathias
bunnahabhain wrote:

Jörg

Hi Jörg,

I am also having issues connecting a Waters mass spec to a PC. I have a copy of MassLynx 4.1, but need help configuring the FTP server, as I am having the infinitely-rebooting embedded PC problem. Can you please send me the instructions? My email is veltman[dot]thomas[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks!
Thanks, Jörg!

Your guide got me connected so now masslynx sees the instrument. Now I just have to figure out why the qtof software crashes when I try to turn on the pumping system. May be a compatibility issue since I am on Windows 7 running in XP SP2 compatibility mode. In any event, I appreciate the help, what a champion!
Are you running the native English or "international" version of Windows or any other language with added language support?
I remember that the German version of WinXP did not work. Good luck!
I am running the US version of windows 7 ultimate, but my compatibility mode doesn't specify which version of XP (apart from SP2) it is, though I would assume it to be US as well. I talked to Waters tech support and they told me that my copy of masslynx 4.1 is the wrong SCN for proper qtof support and I should look for SCN#633 (or possibly earlier).
bunnahabhain wrote:

Jörg

Hello, I have same issue here. Can you help me?
I used masslynx 4.1 but epc always RTO (request time out)

can you send step-by-step setup instruction to my email?

Thank you,

regard,
Untung
untungtriadhi@gmail.com
Hey Jörg!

Good ol' posts never die.

I just stumbled upon a Waters MassSpec and I'm struggling to revive it.
Can you send me the step by step instructions?

Best

Nadim
nadimest@gmail.com
bunnahabhain wrote:

Jörg

Hello Jorg,

Can you, please email me the instructions of how to set up the ftp server and the connection between the PC and the EPC. I will appreciate it a lot!

My address is iyanachkov at zatapharmaceuticals dot com

Thanks,

Ivan
Hi Jörg,
I am encountering the same setup problems with an Windows XP SP2 system with Masslynx 4.1 SCN 562. I am trying to connect a Quattro Ultima that was reported as in working condition. I would appreciate if you could send the detailed instructions/ notes. My email is ealangille@mun.ca.
Thanks,
Evan
Hi All,
I am almost setup using Jörg's very useful instructions. I had a problem with the connection however to the MS. In order to investigate, I added a video card on the MS EPC and observed the boot process. I am getting to a page with DHCP loading and then the message no PXE-E51: No DHCP or BOOTP offers received. This is followed by no operating system found. Could anyone advise on my next steps? Is there a chance that the CF card with VXWorks is corrupt or something? I am able to ping the epc during a short time between reboots. It resonds several times then hardware error followed by a beep, reset and connection again.
Thanks,
Evan
Follow-up:
As a follow up, I was able to get to a screen with VxLd 1.2....... however this is where the system stalls and resets. I have triple checked all the system settings and am able to access the MassLynx\vxworks folder and script easily. Any advice would be very appreciated.
102 posts