I can't install the interface board

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to all.

I am new to the forum. I need help installing a pci card that is used as interface to Beckman Coulter system gold HPLC.
The supplier give us a National Instruments zip file with the supposed drivers, but none of them works. I think that the card that they supplied is an adapter, because the OS detect it as "Other PCI bridge" and it doesn't have the National Instruments logo in any place. I search for the chip info and I found that PLX Technology PCI9052 is and pci to isa bridge with 2 channels. All the other chips that it have, run around that it controls two channels. So, the thing is that I can't find a driver for it, because it doesn't have any other sign of trademark of who developed the card. Only have 2 EPROM and one of them with a label that says the version number (of the program, i guest).

So please, if any one can help me with this situation, I will appreciate it very very much. I have 3 HPLC system stock with the same problem.
This may sound like a dumb question, but have you contacted the supplier from whom you got the board?

In a worst-case scenario, there should be an FCC id number somewhere on the board. With that you should be able to get more information
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000632.htm
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Thank you Tom, for the link. I will try it out today. By the way, my name is Carlos (Sorry, for don't mention it before).

In the last post I said that the supplier sent us a zip file with the drivers, but I tried with every one of the contained drivers. One of them cause a windows crash, inclusive.

We sent (I say we, because my boos is around the case) the properties screen of how the hardware is detected by windows, and asking if I have to do any other steps to make it work.

I don't remember to had see an FCC id in the board, but I'll take another look later.

I hopefully think that this is the correct forum. Someone will hit the point.
I don't remember to had see an FCC id in the board, but I'll take another look later.
It has to have one on there somewhere in order to be sold legally.

Re contacting the vendor, I know you got some alleged drivers from them, but I would suggest you contact them again for further assistance (assuming they are a reputable vendor, of course).
-- Tom Jupille
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Thank you. I have contacted the vendor, and he asked about information in a sticker on the computer, then he send me a chipset.exe file, that I still don't have tried (I have other things to do, also). I also, send picture of the pci board to show him what are we deal with. I think he tough that is a MB problem and not a missing pci driver.

I will confirm the FCC id on the pci board and tell you what a found.

Thank you, again for you notes.
Here's more information on how to find drivers:
http://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to- ... e-manager/
-- Tom Jupille
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Thanks.

The vendor told me, that the equipment could work bypassing the pci interface. I will test it tomorow.
Hi Carlos !
Hope you get this message by chance...

I am dealing with exactly the same problem, Windows 2000 insists on installing P&P drivers for these boards, but I cannot find a suitable driver. Also, I assume the 32Karat Software is accessing the boards without any special drivers.
Did you finally find a solution to this problem ?
I hope to get my System Gold to run again under Windows 2000 after setting up a new PC. Installation of the software went smoothly, but now there's the trouble with hardware recognition.

I would highly appreciate if anyone could give me a hint on how to get the system running under Win2k.
Old post, but we are running into similar question. The board, indeed, does NOT have an FCC ID, however, it does have P/N# BOARD 72189 REV AA, there is also the identifier of BI-4 on it.

We have a functioning system, windows 2000 as well, but it does NOT seem to have a driver. Device manager shows it listed under 'Other devices' as a "Other PCI Bridge Device". There is no installed driver listed on that tab, however, Windows does seem to be assigning system resources (I/O Range, Mem Range and IRQ).

Interestingly enough when you open up Karat32, the software seems to recognize the board under Interface Configuration, but the sys resources differ here from what is listed in the Dev Manager object properties.

Regardless, Karat32 and the device seem to communicate properly making me wonder if the software has the necessary 'driver' built-in and is directly accessing the card.

We would like to get more detail as its only a matter of time before the PC fails and we may have to build an alternative system... although Karat32's licensing mechanism may be the restrictive issue more than getting the card to work in a different system.
9 posts Page 1 of 1