HPLC Raw Data Format

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all:

I am looking for Raw data format for Agilent's Chemstation HPLC. This is so we can write an utility to view and re-integrate raw data without the need of Chemstation software.

Also, if I can not do the above - is there any tool available to view and integrate the raw data in AIA format (aka CDF file)?

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

regards,
vnug
vnug wrote:
Hello all:

I am looking for Raw data format for Agilent's Chemstation HPLC. This is so we can write an utility to view and re-integrate raw data without the need of Chemstation software.

Also, if I can not do the above - is there any tool available to view and integrate the raw data in AIA format (aka CDF file)?

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

regards,
vnug

You can use AIA FileViewer software.

regards,
EZChrom
Can anyone please tell me from who and where this software can be purchased?

Thanks.

err

....from whom.....

:oops:

I think LCR owns the rights to ChromMerge these days. Most CDS systems allow importation of AIA or ANDI files. I'm not sure if there are any freeware/shareware versions of AIA file readers out there.

Raw files are usually just a bunch of header fields followed by "slice areas". These can be dumped into a spreadsheet, enumerated by whatever fraction of a second each one represents and plotted as a histogram. I've used such spreadsheets to manually calculate r² for the linear portions gradient profiles.
Thanks,
DR
chromatographer1 wrote:
Can anyone please tell me from who and where this software can be purchased?

Thanks.

You can buy from me. send the message to me if you want.

Regards,
EZChrom

ChromMerge hasn't belonged to LC Resources for some time now. You can get it as shareware from the developer:
http://www.chrommerge.com
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

I am aware of atleast one free AIA file viewer. But, this will not let me do any integration etc. I need the feature of integration because of the regulated nature of the lab. At the bottom I will give the URL for the free one. If you have other pointers, please post. Thanks.

The url for free AIA fileviewer

www.scisw.com/products/aia_fileviewer/

regards
vnug

If you are in a regulated lab, it will not be worth your time to go down this road because of validation issues. To accomplish CDS validation to the satisfaction, you will need to have executed protocols demonstrating that the software behaves as expected with all sorts of inputs, that it is not fundamentally alterable (this means having source code & compiler available), that the raw data files are secure and not alterable etc. etc. etc.

If you already have lots of data in Agilent's format, I suggest purchasing a CDS from a vendor that deals with that particular format. What you are really purchasing is the reputation that the vendor has with regulatory agencies, technical support, and the vendor takes on the responsibility of validating the software (not your particular applications of it), maintaining source code, answering technical questions during audits etc. etc.

It isn't cheap, but it beats heck out of the alternatives.
Thanks,
DR

Just to take this back to the original email. You have chromatography generated using ChemStation. What happened to the ChemStation software that you used to generate it? It can't be that the licence expired, because that doesn't happen with ChemStation.

I would concur with DR that you would be better investing in an off-the-shelf validated CDS that can import ChemStation data (Agilent ChemStation comes to mind :lol: ), rather than try to develop and validate a new one yourself. The time and cost involved in that plus the risk of observation from a regulatory agency would be high.
Tim
CDS Administrator
---------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
10 posts Page 1 of 1