Varian MS Workstation and Win 7

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

43 posts Page 3 of 3
I would also like a link to download the MS Workstation 7.0.1 software. Please sent me a link to djanssen@awi.de .
To everyone looking for a Win 7 version of Varian's Star workstation, my understanding is there is none. If I'm wrong, please let me know as my two instruments have been removed from the network by IT. I've two stand-alone XP computers running them and all users have been threatened with death if they don't scan their USB sticks before using them on these PCs.
DoryFish wrote:
To everyone looking for a Win 7 version of Varian's Star workstation, my understanding is there is none. If I'm wrong, please let me know as my two instruments have been removed from the network by IT. I've two stand-alone XP computers running them and all users have been threatened with death if they don't scan their USB sticks before using them on these PCs.

You are right! This version is Star 641 and works only on XP. Tried to run it on w7 32bit bit it doesn't even starts up.

Ask your IT to connect your machines to network but cut the internet access.
Hello, is there a user who got already the link? I am still interested for it. If anyone is reading this, I would be appreciate to get the link to "dieter0411@gmail.de"
Hi, if someone still has the link can send it to violalove@libero.it

Thank you very much
The MS Workstation files can be found at:

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... 1.zip.html
HbJ wrote:

I have downloaded the SW from this link but the SW seems to be broken. The install application starts and navigates to the page install/update and then no response by pushing all buttons except Home/exit.
Made another attempt to start the installation from Core directory on Wxp and W7pro32bit and on both i receive the same error that .dll files are missing from temp directory.
Does anyone tried to install this software and managed without errors?
If anyone has a image of the CD please link to ant78se@gmail.com

Cheers!
Hi!I am also interested to urgently get a copy of the Varian MS Workstation version 7.0.1.

Please send me a link to milka.ljoncheva@ijs.si

Thank you!
Hi All,

This software now resides with Scion Instruments, who are building on what remains of the Varian GC and GCMS business after the Agilent/Bruker catastrophe.

If you have any hardware or software issues with your legacy equipement or are looking for the latest instrumentation, get in touch with Scion Instruments https://scioninstruments.com/contact/
ant78se wrote:
HbJ wrote:

I have downloaded the SW from this link but the SW seems to be broken. The install application starts and navigates to the page install/update and then no response by pushing all buttons except Home/exit.
Made another attempt to start the installation from Core directory on Wxp and W7pro32bit and on both i receive the same error that .dll files are missing from temp directory.
Does anyone tried to install this software and managed without errors?
If anyone has a image of the CD please link to ant78se@gmail.com

Cheers!

After you download it burn it to a CD. This setup.exe needs to be placed on some form of media to run. Also, You need a key of 6.x and it should work for a fresh install or upgrade. Let me know if you still have issues
After the latest Win7 update the latest workstation crashes when performing an autotune on our 500-MS. Always at the same step when adjusting multiplier voltage. Anyone else with the same problem?
Hello guys, here are the links again:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5iaC ... Wt3aEhxU0E

After it is downloaded and unnziped i t has to be burned to the CD and then installed.

Both versions are designed for Win7 only (7.0.1. only 32bit, 7.0.2. only 64bit).
They also support different instruments - read instructions in the Manuals(folder)/ReleaseNotes.htm file for each.

But I managed to install the 7.0.2. on win10 64bit also but only for data analysis so i don't know if it works with an instrument.

It did not ask for a registration key for me during installation.

I will leave the link active for a week or so and then delete it.

Hope it helps.

Good luck.
Is there a trick to get the CD to burn correctly. My computer doesn't recognize the software disk as the correct installation disk.
43 posts Page 3 of 3