Shimadzu LabSolutions Tutorials/guides

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
I was wondering if anyone had any useful tutorials or guides that could help me learn this software. Stepwise instructions on how to do different things like 1) create methods 1) creat e batch runs 3) do quant analysis/make curves etc. The users manual is not helpful and seems to be all over the place and doesn't present material within the context of completing a particular objective like the ones I just listed. Any useful material would be greatly appreciated as I am brand new to this software and trying to get proficient at it as fast as possible.

Thanks.
I have a guide for LCMSSolution, but it is very specific to my lab's situation, and would currently only be useful for mass spec users. I am also very much a beginner, so it may not be good.
It may be useful, who is it written by shimadzu or an outside source?

I forgot to specify, my needs are for an LCMS instrument. Our lab is a drug analysis/tox lab.

Thanks.
written by me, so it carries a big health-warning. Do you have all the Shimadzu guides? As well as the various quick guides, you should also have the much fatter "LabSolutions/LCMSsolution Operation Manual" which goes into more detail.

There's probably very little information in my guide that's different/beyond what's in the operation manual, but I ended up trying to produce a guide in a different writing-style, aimed at explaining how to use the features of the instrument and software, in the particular context we have here.

I have two guides, one to setting up methods and batches, the other to doing data-handling with Postrun.

The main problem I've found with Shimadzu is that the terminology is sometimes very different to what you might expect. For example, the "fragment table" is an odd name for what's really a list of displayed chromatograms. On the other hand, the software has some jolly nice features.
I would be interested in taking it look, it sounds like your material might be useful to me. Please email it to psd2011spear@gmail.com if you don't mind.

Thanks
sorry, only just checked site this evening. Will send tomorrow morning
... you should have mail
I would also be interested in your guide, it may be useful, because I am new to this. Maybe you could send it also to me: jt2010kr@gmail.com

Thanks.
I would also be interested in your guide, it may be useful, because I am new to this. Maybe you could send it also to me: spada.alb@live.it

Thanks
LabSolutions or LCMSsolution?
lmh wrote:
... you should have mail

Hi lmh, do you still have this guide? If you do please contact me! Thanks!
sorry, I haven't been monitoring this thread. I still have guides, but I don't use Shiamdzu equipment very much nowadays, so they're fossilised in the state they were in a few years ago. Let me know where to send it if it's useful! And LabSolutions or LCMSsolution...
Please send the guides to bussan@okstate.edu. Thanks!
13 posts Page 1 of 1