Agilent/Varian 325 Detector error codes

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi. Does anyone have a list of error codes for the Agilent/Varian 325 and 335 detectors? I recently got an error on my 325 detector...

MST_CC_NOT_ENOUGH_PARAM_ON_FIRST_LINE

Here's a photo on Galaxie Workstation...

I only noticed the error when I turn on the Visible lamp, as you can see in the photo. I restarted the module and turned on only the D2 lamp and did not get the error again. The error doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect on the signal, but I want to know what it is.

Also, I noticed when I'm done with my work for the day, occasionally when I turn off the D2 lamp I get an error...

SIG_CC_POSSIBLE_WL1_SATURATION_CONDITION

This happens right after the lamp turns off, I'm not sure if the detector is still trying to acquire data with an off lamp? Again the error doesn't have a bad effect because I've already turned off the lamp and I'm done acquiring.

The detector is a Varian 325 with 2.06 firmware, which unfortunately doesn't work with Star WS. I was thinking of downgrading the firmware to the 1.3, but I'm worried about what it might do. Anyone have experience doing that? I hate Galaxie WS soooo much. When I try to connect the 325 detector to Star, I get this error...

Since Varian dumped Star WS for Galaxie, they never updated the drivers for Star WS when they updated the firmware on the instruments. What can I do?

My personal opinion, Star Workstation is the best CDS I have ever used, Chemstation a close second. Amazing for a CDS that was last updated in 2004.
Very fortunately (!!!) I've never had to use Galaxy. We do however have a 325 running with Star and the Firmware version is 2.03.

Have you tried deleting the 325 icon (module 44) from your Instrument 1 parameters and then setting it up again as a new module?
DoryFish wrote:
Very fortunately (!!!) I've never had to use Galaxy. We do however have a 325 running with Star and the Firmware version is 2.03.

Have you tried deleting the 325 icon (module 44) from your Instrument 1 parameters and then setting it up again as a new module?

To be honest, no I haven't. As soon as I got the error message I was dis-heartened. I'll give it another shot and see what happens.

I wonder if there is anyway the Galaxie drivers are compatible with Star. There's no doubt between the similarities between the two softwares, maybe there's a way I can copy a file or two from the Galaxie folder and drag it into the Star? Does anyone know the what's the name of driver file in the Star folder? I see something called 325.val ?

I also have the software called "Firmware Update". That's what I was planning on using to downgrade the firmware on the 325, but I still think it might be a bad idea.
Hello

You will need to update the star driver to run this firmware version with star software - The software update deliverd with the CD in the Detector package, I dont know if varian/agilent stopped this with discontinuing the star software.

best regards Chris
We've got a similar error with a 335 detector.Changed the VIS lamp, recalibrated per user manual-->problem solved.
If your lamps are old, change them, clean the detector and perform lamp(s) recalibration.
Hi All,

Was there ever a solution to this error? I realize this was posted over a year ago.

I have been experiencing the same problems with my ProStar 325 UV VIS detector. Our original one crapped out, and we acquired a used one from a company (they could not provide software). I am getting the same error messages as entropiclabs. I am running Starworkstation ver 6.41; I have tried removing the module and setting up as a 'new' = same problem; I have tired a fresh install on another computer = same problem.....

Does anyone know how to get a driver update for this issue? If there is even a driver still available out there :(

Thank you
Hello

If you give me a E-Mail adress, I can forward you the driver update.

best regards
Chris
Hi Chris0000

My e-mail address: ashleym@nipissingu.ca

Many Thanks!
Chris0000 wrote:
Hello

If you give me a E-Mail adress, I can forward you the driver update.

best regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Any chance you could send me a copy of the 2.03 325 Star driver file as well?

kevpbswhswol@dropmail.me

Many thanks in advance!
Hi there, could you please send a copy of the 325 drivers to geoffrey.cobb@sjsu.edu. We inhereted a prep hplc that has turned into a never-ending project due to this one roadblock and we would really appreciate the help. thanks!
10 posts Page 1 of 1