Agilent GC/MSD can't conduct a run

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
The Agilent GC/MSD (7890A, 5975C) pumps down and tunes just fine. When I try to start a run with a manual injection, I get either "GC run aborted" error or "1101,"({SA00} :RUN:RDY ON;): Mass spec fault during acquisition: 16384" error. I've tried reinstalling the software, updated the firmware with no success. Any suggestions?
Hello,

i have the same problem with my GC/MSD 6890/5975 . Have you solved this problem?
In logbook are this error messages
1101,"({RUN} :MSC:RDY ON): Mass spec couldn't be turned on due to fault: 16384",1201,"({RUN} acq:strt sim): Mass spec not ready for acquisition"

-310,"({SA00} :MSC:RDY OFF;): APG RCI controller hardware not connected or not present."

-310,"({SA00} MASK 4;): APG RCI DATA OVERWRITE error occurred."

Thank´s
Maybe APG start/ready cable connected loosely (9-pin D-DUB connector).
As far I know there is stub cable to make MS detector believe the system is ready and allow it start. Try to start w/o gc or replace cable.

Also you can try with tweezers (remove cable from GC side) short the ready signal to shield and short the start signal to shield to begin analysis.
3 posts Page 1 of 1