MSD Chemstation - QEdit

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good resource on how to use QEdit? I've used chemstation before for a GC/FID but never on a MSD before. I wanted to know if there are any better resources out there other than you tube.
http://wn.com/Agilent_ChemStation
http://www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/Products/software/chromatography/ms/gcmsdchemstation/Pages/MSD_Prod_Chem_Videos.aspx
These are general Chemstation videos.

Here is one for Qedit when using Agilent's DRS software. If you ignore everything in it that mentions DRS or AMDIS then you are left with the basics of Qedit.
http://wn.com/drs_-_qedit

In general, Qedit can only be used after the data file has been "Calculated" ("Quantitate - Calculate"). At this point Chemstation has searched the chromatogram for the compounds in your Quant Database and Integrated them as you stated in the quant setup (Autointegrate if no other file was input). You can now open Qedit to view each peak as an EIC (extracted ion chromatogram) and see the integration for each peak and the quantitation based on your established database. If you need to manually change the integration do so with the right mouse button (click and drag). The "QDEL" option in the Qedit window is called Quant Delete. It will fully remove an integration of a peak or selected peaks from the list. This is helpful if it integrated a noise peak for a compound while trying to make integrations for your quant database. If it is QDEL'ed then no area in updated for that compound during a Calibration - Update. The "START" button just cycles through each compound at a time interval for ease of review.

If you look to the top menu you will see "DISPLAY." Here you can change the Quant/Qual ions view from overlay to stacked. If "Extended Area Quant" is selected as the Subtraction Method in your Quant Database for that compound then you can manually integrate the qualifier ions as well as the Quant Ion by switching to the "Display - Qualifiers" view. Play around with it and get a feel for the different views and what you can do. Use the Demo.D and Demo.M files for the playing around. That's what they're there for.

Once you are satisfied with the integrations of each peak then you may click the "Exit" button. If you made any manual integrations you will need to click "Yes" after "Exit" to save these changes. Now the changes are saved in the quant report.

To view/print the changed quant report you need to use the "Quantitate - Generate Report..." option. This will generate the quant report to a .txt file (screen or print) with the manual changes intact. If you chose "Quantitate - Calculate" again it will reintegrate the compounds and erase all the manual integration work you did.

Let me know if you need any more help.

ty(dot)lahren at gmail (dot) com
~Ty~
Hello,

I have a question to the qEdit tool in the MSD Chemstation. Is it also possible to reintegrate the samples you use for the calibration table with the QEdit-tool?
I tried so, but for some reasons the changes were not take over in the calibration file. We used "QDel", since it integrated a peak in the blank which is not our anaylte, and then I saved the changes in the QEdit tool and tried to Update the Level in the Calibration, but the changes are not shown. There it is still integrated.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks a lot!
Josephine
Josephine wrote:
Hello,

I have a question to the qEdit tool in the MSD Chemstation. Is it also possible to reintegrate the samples you use for the calibration table with the QEdit-tool?
I tried so, but for some reasons the changes were not take over in the calibration file. We used "QDel", since it integrated a peak in the blank which is not our anaylte, and then I saved the changes in the QEdit tool and tried to Update the Level in the Calibration, but the changes are not shown. There it is still integrated.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks a lot!
Josephine

When you did "update level" did you also click the Replace button to the right of the Response check box?

When you do Update, you have to choose if it updates Retention Time, Response, Mass Axis or Qualifier Ratio. You can choose all or none of these, and for Retention Time and Response you have the option of Average or Replace. Average will average the current value with the new value, Replace will completely replace the current value with the new value. The other two items simply replace with no option for average.

You also choose which calibration level to update, if you don't choose the level I believe it also just does nothing.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
4 posts Page 1 of 1