Chromeleon 6.50 SP3

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Good morning. We recently had one of the PCs running our DX 120s die on us so we have had to re-install the software on a different PC. The new PC is running Win XP SP3. When you open Chromeleon after installing the software and update, the following error is displayed 'Can't initialise Dongle-Driver System error. The specified service does not exist as an installed service.' I have looked all over the internet for answers but can't find any. Can anyone help as I need to get the instruments up and running. Thanks.
Hi, Something with the dongle driver was not correctly installed. Try to redo the installation! Hope it helps. /Csaba
Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled and re-installed a few times. I have also rolled the system back and re-installed but get the same error. I have noticed in the IQ log the following

Services needed by Chromeleon according to registry:
=====================================================

Service Properties
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIBUKEY Display Name: WIBU-KEY Kernel Driver
Image Path: SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\WibuKey.sys
Prod. Version: 6.0.138.504

HardLock No registry entry found

RPCSS Display Name: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Image Path: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss
Prod. Version: 5.1.2600.5512

On other systems there is info for HardLock.

Any idea how I get HardLock and install to get the registry entry.

Thanks
Good morning everyone. This problem has now been resolved. After much searching of the internet finally found the file required. On the Safenet page (http://www3.safenet-inc.com/support/hardlock/index.aspx) there is a new driver setup that is universal for both Hardlock and HASP and replaces the legacy Hardlock and HASP4 installers. Installed this file and everything working fine. A bit disappointed with the response from Dionex as thery didn't return my call or my email to their support email address.
Hi Tom,

Just seen this post, and obviously the horse has now bolted. But I did post an answer to a similar query a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.chromforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20555

Glad it's all sorted though.
Anthony

ThermoFisher Scientific
Hi Anthony. Thanks for your reply. I did see your post when I was searching for similar posts. However, when I looked on the Chromeleon CD in the drivers folder I couldn't find anything that vaugely resembled HardLock. As you say its sorted now but thanks for your reply :) .
Hello,
I've reinstalled Chromeleon 6.80 that was on a old PC to a new one and made sure with Windows 7.
When opening Chromeleon the following error is displayed 'Can't initialize Dongle-Driver System error. The handle is invalid.'

Can anyone help? Thanks.
MMABB wrote:
Hello,
I've reinstalled Chromeleon 6.80 that was on a old PC to a new one and made sure with Windows 7.
When opening Chromeleon the following error is displayed 'Can't initialize Dongle-Driver System error. The handle is invalid.'

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Did you move the USP Dongle from the old PC to the new one? I think Chromeleon uses the USB key for the licenses.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
8 posts Page 1 of 1