Waters Breeze reload SOP without disturbing license!!

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Everybody,
I need support from Waters engineers or instrumentation engineers who have worked with Waters HPLC's.

I have a 1515 pump, 2487 Detector and manual injector connected with Breeze. The 1515 pump shuts down after crossing 750 psi. even though the pressure max. is set at 4000 psi in Breeze. The pressure transducer was crosschecked and worked fine.

The diagnostics program for the 1515 pump to check via RS-232 helped in knowing that the pump worked fine via RS-232. When connected with Breeze via IEEE the pump shuts down after crossing after 750 psi. The software also does not accept 1.5 ml/min but accepts other flow rates. The pump operates fine without column under no pressure condition.

I feel that Breeze software needs to be reinstalled to set right. If I am right can somebody
guide me how to reinstall Breeze without disturbing the licenses?

If my observation is wrong can somebody guide me how to fix this problem, I will be grateful.

Best Wishes and regards,

Sivaraman
Hi There !!!
I do not know whether your issue is solved or not. Bocz i checked my account after a months now.
Anyway , if the problem persist , you must re install the software. Bcoz sometimes Waters software skips the data or you may check the checksum report it should display all OKAY sign at the end of each line

You mentioned that you checked the transducer , how. Bcoz the only way to check the Waters 1515 or 1525 , 2525 pumps is the auxilary display module (the same display used in Waters 515 Pumps) comes with cable ribbon and connects on the side PCB board of 1515,1525 pumps inside the side panel.

Waters has made no option to locate or resolve the pressure transducer issue within the Breeze 1 or Breeze 2 software.

I think if the machine new and you have the Breeze software CD and the Base Key Disk, You must refrain the Base Key first. Put the Base Key Floppy in PC and select exe file. The message will appear as the software key is already installed do you wish to un install. Press YES and the licence will be write back on the Floppy disk.
This is a protection on multiple of illegal use of the software.
Waters hasnt made any dongle or USB sort of protection for software license like the leading companies Data Apex for instance.

Once it is properly re frained then you may install the WinXp with service 2, 3 with surface format option and NTFS format. Then update the Winxp through the internet without any viruses. Just scan the PC on Norton website .
Now you may install the Breeze 1 or Breeze 2 software . After 1 hour or so the software installation will be finished depending on the PC RAM memory and processor speed. Re start the PC and then insert the Base Key Floppy . Follow the instruction . Re start the PC once again and go on with Breeze software normally as you did before.

The Waters Software CD or DVD (Breeze2) can be acquired from any source even it can be copied down but you need to have a Active Base Key Floppy to Activate the software.

Try this and let me know how much you are successful Consult the Breeze software manual arrives with machine. it tells you the procedure but not in detail.
If you have bought the Breeze System with pre installed PC then i do not think they included the procedure for you. It only provided with the Add On software (without PC) Breeze HPLC purchase event.

Best regards

Tayyeb
First thanks for taking time to reply and I am grateful. The problem is still pending.

1) Can you explain how to check the checksum report?. I did the file check and it showed ok.
2) I checked the transducer with another working 515 pump and found working fine.
3) I will reinstall Breeze and update you on outcome.

Thanks again and best wishes,

T.Sivaraman
Sivaraman.

Kindly help
Hello !!!
Waters Breeze or Empower software serial numbers wont do any wonders unless you have active or refrained FLOPPY Disk . Yes in this 21 century Waters still tends to have protection like this . So find the missing floppy if your breeze software still working first make a backup of your projects then refrain the activation back to floppy and format the PC and re install WinXp with sufficient service packs and re install Breeze software and put the floppy disk again to run setup file and activation

P.S i have alternative Empower2 Software Universal ghost if interested let me know runs on any PC . Waters Empower support all odules comprative to Breeze limitation.
Hope to explained you well.

Regardz

amit003 wrote:
I have the serial key on cd . Anybody can suggest whether I need the license key further or the serial will be sufficient for running Breeze version 3.3

Kindly help
I m getting the msg on inserting the key floppy disc . Can you please advice if the licence key is not move back to floppy then what to do .

My system had been corrupted and I had to format . So the key was not move back to floppy . Now what to do
Simple words Its KAPOOT . Get or arrange new keydisk the present one wont work.

amit003 wrote:
I m getting the msg on inserting the key floppy disc . Can you please advice if the licence key is not move back to floppy then what to do .

My system had been corrupted and I had to format . So the key was not move back to floppy . Now what to do
7 posts Page 1 of 1