Chemstation glitches

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
This time, I'm looking for help. I have Agilent Chemstation A.09 with Chemstor security pack and have noticed a few software glitches, maybe someone can help (or Agilent can get moving on these):

When overlaying or stacking integrated peaks in A.09.01 with Security Pack (or integrating after overlaying or stacking) , window appears stating error, must click OK on the error window that appears.

The heading over percent column in Sequence Summary Report (ESTD% mode) doesn’t state “percentâ€

Clarification:
When overlaying or stacking integrated peaks in A.09.01 with Security Pack (or integrating after overlaying or stacking) , window appears stating error, must click OK on the error window that appears.
This window states: "A report cannot be printed if you have overlaid signals of identical description. Use Load Signal and try again. OK button." This happens even when the signals are different files, anybody know how to "kill" this?

Whe have been using Chemstation A 9.03 for 2 years and upgrade recently to 10.01, it's not the latest version but it fixes somes bugs in the software with A 9.x version. So it will be a good thing for you to uprgrade the software for a A 10.x version or even the all new 32bits version (B01.x i think...)
Regards.

Prove - unfortunately, I don't believe we can do that - not because of cost (less than $600 per system to upgrade Chemstation) but I'm not sure that our systems would remain "cGMP validated" because of their Chemstors.

I'm not aware of it, we don't have Chemstore, you should contact your Agilent Support to get the information, i hope you will fix the problem !
Regards.

We are on ChemStation A.9.01 with ChemStore B.02.01. We get the same information message if you stack plots and it is just that - an information message, so you don't wonder why your overlaid plot won't print a report. I would suspect that Agilent knew a report couldn't be generated, but hadn't fixed the bug, so just put the message in. I would guess later versions remove this - Agilent are unlikely to create a patch to correct it, since it isn't a critical defect.

We don't use the sequence summary report (we generated our own custom reports in ChemStore). However, having the column state the units from the config screen is logical - although you are generating a percent report, your internal procedures might require a different heading, so this gives the flexibility. Can you not just use "Percent" as the units for Sample Amount?

I don't recall instances where a run has not stopped acquiring. The only way I can think of this occuring is in your method, one of the HPLC components has a different run time to everything else, i.e. "No Limit", or a big number. The only other time the first run in a sequence gave problems (it acquired the run correctly, but the next run didn't start) was when we had external A/D boxes connected to the Analogue output and Remote connection. We traced this to the fact that the A/D box was turned off, so the HPLC didn't get a ready signal back after the run - if we turned them on again or disconnected all the cables, the sequence ran OK.

I'm not sure why you can't see the A and other non-C drives, unless you have some form of desktop lockdown that completely shields all drives. We have lockdown on our Windows NT desktops to prevent access to Explorer, etc., but we can still see all the drives from any Open/Save window, via the "Drives" dropdown.

Can't help with the last one - we don't have any 1050 autosamplers. However, I still find it odd, since the Offline session for an HPLC mirrors the Online session, as far as I know (unless there is some other configuration change that can be made so the offline session knows you have more than 21 vial tray.
Tim
CDS Administrator
---------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks for the feedback Tim. Yes, we just use "%" as the units for Sample Amount so we get the "%" over the results column. Funny, on earlier versions (e.g. A.03), the result header was ALWAYS %, like it should be, but Agilent has never fixed that either.
7 posts Page 1 of 1