Varian HPLC Galaxie software

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear Forum can anyone help. We have a Varian HPLC 920 made in Australie and supplied with Galxaie software. We have had endless trouble with it with the crashing of the software and very very slow to operate. It is impossible to process data if and when it is running. Basically since the takeover of Varian by Agilent the galaxie software product is not supported by Agilent. Although we have the latest version of galaxie that Agilent would supply it is still an absolute dog! I would like to know if anyone who maybe using a Varain 920 HPLC system can recommend any other software product tha will run the HPLC successfully?
Could be a hardware issue. Our Galaxie runs fine for the most part.

Another thing is the audit trail can get really backed up and slow it down, especially if you save new processing methods, etc all the time. May be time to archive old data and methods.?
Hello,

The 920-LC IS supported by Agilent as well as Galaxie, as they own this LC and software. (I was at Varian, then Agilent, and I am now at Persistent System, so I know very well the Galaxie story).

They have to find you someone to help you, especially if you have a Software Maintenance Agreement.
People who can help you are in Melbourne, so call your Agilent contact and tell him this, he just cannot let you in this situation if you paid for support.

Kind regards
Anaïse
Galaxie/ Star software now lives as Compass CDS, and is manufactured by Scion Instruments.

Scion are offering 70% discount for upgrades.

Email: sunny.singh@scioninstruments.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1