Recommendations for SEC software

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Our QA/QC lab is finally upgrading components of their SEC/HPLC system after many, many, many years. They have been running WinnerOnWindows (WOW/GPC) software for almost 10 years. One of the proposed upgrades was to purchase a newer software program for the data analysis. I also have experience with Chromeleon V6.50 (only in IC-ECD applications) and Cirrus GPC V2.0. I have heard several people claim that Chromeleon cannot, or should not, be used for SEC analyses. The Cirrus software is cumbersome, in my opinion.

What I desire is this: a functional software package that allow for basic calculations of molecular weight that is extremely user friendly. I need to design a protocol that allows for several technicians with varying degrees of education and experience to run this system. For example, on our current system, once the calibration data is entered from a given sample run, the technicians click a "calculate" button and their work is done. I would be willing to trade simplicity for versatility in a QA/QC-type situation.

We have several software suppliers in mind, but I would like to hear from those with "real world" experience with these products. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks,

JRussell
JRussell

You may consider our software Clarity. Contact me for a Demo CD or visit our web pages - functional Demo can be downloaded.

Best Regards

Ivan Vins

DataApex
2 posts Page 1 of 1