MS ChemStation for HP 5971A

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, my 5971A is on Win 3.1 with G1034C software. I want to install an autosampler to GC 5890 Series II and use this software to control it. I did that and tried to reconfig the instrument with autosampler. After that, when I aquire data, there is no signal showing on the screen. The retention time didn't change with running, and even that "extend 5 mins" is grey. All the others is fine. I tried to change it back to do manual injection, I can not be back. It gives me the same problem. Can anybody help me to figure out what's the problem and how to solve it? Thanks a lot.

We have same system and software as you mention. Is this a 7673 autosampler you're trying to use? Did you configure the autosampler using the HP Configuration Editor (likely your 7673 autosampler should have address code of 8, its default). If it's other than 7673 autosampler or Shimadzu replacement, then it's over my head. My Windows win.ini file shows the 7673 with address 8 in the PCS section, and 15 for the 5890.

If its a 7673 autosampler, use the MS Configuration Editor (HPCHEM\msexe\config.exe) to set up. Mine lists 5971 for MS detector, 5890/II address code 15 for the GC, and address code 8 for the 7673 autosampler. We have same system and software as you mention.
3 posts Page 1 of 1