Agilent ChemStation Custom Reports

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Agilent ChemStation Custom Reports – HELP!

I have started a new job where we use Agilent’s ChemStation (ver. A.10.01) for LC/MS/DAD analysis. My prior experience was either with Waters’ Millennium or Beckman’s PeakPro software. ChemStation is rather different and the manuals and online tutorials are only useful for simple introductory tasks (I have learned from the tutorial how to run the LC, acquire and manipulate data) but not for more complex issues like creating custom report formats or macros. Agilent would be happy to train me on the finer details if only I’d fly down to Georgia and spend a week or two with them – can’t pay for that right now. So, what I’m looking for is a ChemStation user group or forum where I could ask questions or share report template files. Anyone here a ChemStation guru or know of a forum/BB/use group that would be helpful. I can’t be the only person frustrated with extracting data and results from ChemStation!

Specifically what I want to do is create two reports, one to summarize the batch results and one to report on one page the following: UV chromatogram, % area main peak, peak purity results (both UV and MS) and mass/charge ration (m/z) of most abundant ion. Currently I have to extract all of this manually on each chromatogram or cut down a forest to print a bunch of reports. There is certainly a better way to do this; I just don’t know how to do it. Wish there was a “ChemStation for Dummiesâ€
"Manuals are for the weak and cowardly!" - Agilent

There is a forum out there: http://www.chemuserworld.com. I'm not sure how much information you could get off it for free - they seem to also do consultancy/training courses.

You don't say if you have ChemStore too - that is more useful for generating customised reports (but only really suitable for just text - trying to include loads of graphics causes the system to hang). I did have a bash at using the ChemStation custom report editor, but it wasn't nice and I couldn't get what I wanted easily either.

Did somenoe from Agilent really give that quote, or is it a cynical comment? :wink:
Tim
CDS Administrator
---------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
2 posts Page 1 of 1