Chromeleon - removing smoothing filter

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Could somebody of Chromeleon 6.60 users let me know how to remove smoothing effect (a form of additional channel for sample) from chromatogram data file ? TIA
Wojtek

BTW - Chromeleon manual describes clearly how to apply this filter, but there is no word on how remove it. It's not a "manipulation" so "delete manipulations" command doesn't work in this case.

First of all, you need privileges both in CM and Win. You may need to ask your CM system admin. Be sure that this does not violate some company policy.

1. Unprotect your data source: In CM, right-click on the data source, select properties, and uncheck "Protect data directory." Close the dialog, exit CM and log out of Windows.

2. Remove the data: Log back in to Windows. From Explorer, find the folders with the smoothed data and drag those folders to desktop. Their names will be the names of the synthetic data channels. Start CM and confirm your work. Delete the folders.

3. Protect your data source: As in step one, check "Protect data directory." Log out of Windows and log back in.

Be careful,
Mark Tracy
Senior Chemist
Dionex Corp.
Thank you for your very professional reply. As I can see this operation is not for an average Chromeleon user and even one of service engineers didn't know this procedure. Thx again.

Wojtek

I have just received information from our Chromeleon support people on a much better and safer way to to this:

1. click on the sequence (not the sample line inside the sequence)
2. press Delete key; a dialog box appears with several options
3. select the option "Only selected raw data" and a list of data channels will appear.
4. check the smoothed channel for deletion
5. click YES

I apologize for the awkward approach I suggested earlier.
Mark Tracy

Senior Chemist

Dionex Corp.

Dear dblux,

Thanks for pointing out the missing hint in the help. We entered it as #13296 to our Tracker system and added it to the Chromeleon help.

Andreas Grömping
Project Manager Chromeleon Documentation
Dionex Softron GmbH
5 posts Page 1 of 1