Chromeleon handshaking?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Chromeleon and my stand-alone DX-600 IC are having a bit of a tiff.
On a regular basis I get one of several error messages:
  • sampler wait injectstate
  • sampler wait loadstate
also

• gp50 module comms failure
system is: win2k, chromel v6.5sp2, GP50, AS50, ED50A (running current moduleware)

Has anyone seen something like this before, if so how did you solve it?
- chucking it in a skip is NOT an answer.

Most of the wait commands have been removed from the *.pgms (recommended by Service).

Suggestions gratefully received.
K

I have never seen exactly your symptoms, but I have seen a sporadic problem where one of the modules (usually an AD20) would start spewing garbage on the DX-LAN, causing a communications error. The cure has been to power-cycle the instrument stack. Has not happened in quite a while though, and I run five of them.

I have also seen one time where a mechanical problem with the AS50 was reported as a DSP failure. The lubrication on the slider arm had turned to gum, stalled the motor, and the DSP board got confused. Could be something similar?

Finally, Chromeleon 6.50 is up to service pack 6a. Can't hurt to try it.
Mark Tracy
Senior Chemist
Dionex Corp.

Hello Krait,

I am a Product Manager at Dionex and noticed your posting regarding the AS50. Could you indicate what version of FW you are running on the AS50? What does the front panel of the AS50 indicate when CM gives you this message? Does the unit do this frequently and can you make it fail? I would be very interested in any additional details you might have that could help us determine the root cause of the problem.

Thanks, Peter

Peter.Bodsky@Dionex.com

Peter

In actual fact the AS50 is behaving more or less normally now. The more critical bit of kit is the GP50 (rev 3.46).

On an apparently random yet regular basis our running batches are aborted due to a pump timeout (x3) leading to a pump communications failure. There is no evidence of a problem from the GP50 front panel. I can sucessfully simulate the failure by disconnecting the ethernet cable between the module and the hub (no surprise there).

The suggested power-cycling temporarily resolves the problem, only for it to return during the next vital data acquisition.

K

Hello Krait,

The latest released firmware for GP50 is 3.51. This version was designed to alleviate the type of problem that you are observing. We should give it a try to see if it will help in this particular situation.
Please email me and I will go ahead and send you the file.

Peter
Peter.Bodsky@Dionex.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1