MSD Chemstation - Disabling Method Resolution

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have a way to disable the Method resolution that occurs anytime a method with different parameters (column type, temperatures) is loaded? I am looking for a way to perform this for G1701EA versions. I have found in the G1701DA version there was a pull down menu option, which has been removed in the EA versions. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Yes, there is a way, in the win.ini file, in the PCS section. However, I'm not in office today so my memory will likely be faulty on exactly what to add.

It's something like "Diasable methres = 1". But be patient and I re-post or edit tho expalin exactly what to add, and where to add this.

I REALLY hate this as well, as any ONE of the parameters makes it try to resolve a whole bunch !!! It must be something for cGMP...

Updated: I just checked. Try this: in the win.ini, under PCS section, about 10 lines down after line that starts "Device = ....", type in DISABLE6890METHRES=1 and save, then start it up.
Thanks for checking for me. I am aware of the modification to the win.ini file for GC chemstation, but the MSD chemstation does not use the win.ini file in the same way. I have tried modifying the msdchem.ini file in the same manner, but it doesn't seem to work (unless I don't have the correct wording...maybe it is different).
On my version, EA 02.00, 'Disable Method Resolution' is in the 'Method' menu just below 'Edit Entire Method'. The help files contain an entry for Disable Method Resolution wherein they say it is listed under the 'Instrument' menu.
Your system may differ.
Updated: I just checked. Try this: in the wini.ini, under PCS section, about 10 lines down after line that starts "Device = ....", type in DISABLE6890METHRES=1 and save, then start it up.
Thank you both for your advice. Unfortunately, I have had no luck.

The win.ini file does not contain the PCS sections for MSD like it does for GC, but I tried adding the command in the msdchem.ini file (for MSD chemstation) just in case, but it still does not work.

I did manage to find a way to modify the instrument menu bar by adding the 'disable method resolution' option in the pull down menu...but alas even though I got it in there, it does not function properly. Sad thing.
6 posts Page 1 of 1