By philip on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:23 am:

Hello, we have a thermo HPLC which uses the chromquest Version 2.51 software. We are new to this software. Recently, when i tried to start a run, there was an error message which said "Failed to Init this port". Can anyone tell me what that means and how to get over it?
Thankyou.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Ann on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:31 am:

This happens a lot - it sometimes means that one of the instruments (that you are controlling via Chromquest) is not switched on. Make sure they are all switched on (including the control module, ours is an SN4000) then try downloading your method again. If you continue to get the same error method, shut down Chromquest and reboot the PC, usually works for me! Good luck :o)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By philip on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:27 am:

Thanks for the reply. I just figured out today that the connection between the detector and the system was lost. So i had to switch off the detector and start it again. It is working fine now.
Thankyou.

By Ann on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:23 pm:

Glad you got it sorted :o)