Using Chromeleon 6.8 to run a CTC combi-pal

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello out there. I just started working for a company and inherited a Shimadzu 2014 GC with an AOC-5000 (CTC) combipal sampler. At this point, I'm using already established programs set up by the previous person using the system who is no longer here. It seems to me that if I i knew how Chromeleon should be programmed to use the Pal system, that there isn't much I couldn't do.

Well, that's the rub. I don't know hardly anything and need to pick it up quick. Any suggestions on where the best support will be coming from. I have yet to try CTC, because there name isn't on it, but now I need to stop messing around.

Responses by anyone with a similar experience to mine and how you dealt with the situation would be highly regarded.

Thank you for reading

Although it is OEM it is still a CTC,
I doubt the CTC people can help you in using CM
but you can always start first by the Help files
that is how we did it first
they have a lot of information, more then our local rep could give us in the beginning

is it a headspace CTC?
2 things to keep in mind there is that it will lock the sequence especially for headspace because of the preparation cycles, and we never found a way to not make the agitator box run all the time.
and have an emergency cooling down PGM as you train,

test your PGM in the beginning and see by yourself what the instrument does to see if your PGM is correct
Hi,
I'm using Chromeleon to control an old HP6890 + new CombiPAL..
Chromeleon has good support for CombiPAL.
I even using CombiPAL to dilute samples before injection. It works well.
But I don't know how well Chromeleon is supporting your Shimadzu device. I hope it helps.
Csaba wrote:
Chromeleon has good support for CombiPAL.
I even using CombiPAL to dilute samples before injection. It works well.
But I don't know how well Chromeleon is supporting your Shimadzu device. I hope it helps.

From what I've been able to learn on my own, I feel the chromeleon software will allow me to program anything I want to do into the commands section of a program file. However, learning how to program isn't something I've found in any of the help screens as of yet.

Was there just one person who helped you the most or was it any one of the helpdesk staff that answered your questions?

Hi,
I got en example program at installation. Then I just contined using the CTC commands in the command list that you have when you do you programming. I'm sure you can get support from your local Dionex support how to set up CombiPAL. Otherwise send an eMail to Dionex Hotline. If they by some reason do not respond, I can send you siome example programs.

Hi,
I got en example program at installation. Then I just continued using the CTC commands in the command list that you have when you do you programming. I'm sure you can get support from your local Dionex support how to set up CombiPAL. Otherwise send an eMail to Dionex Hotline. If they by some reason do not respond, I can send you some example programs.
Hello,

I connected CM to an agilent GC with CTC too. There is some trick. I can send you a working pgm file, if you need it.

Regards,
L
Hi,
we connected a shimadzu GC with CTC autosampler on CM7. I please someone for files with program for CTC.
Thank you :)
Hi,
we connected a shimadzu GC with CTC autosampler on CM7. I please someone for files with program for CTC.
Thank you :)
If you have added the CTC combiPAL to your instrument timebase, the commands become available when you compose a method script. You can execute individual commands to test things out. However, I found that the CombiPAL will not use the default “Vial number” variable from your sequence correctly. You have to create a user-defined variable with a unique name, assign it to the PALs vial position, then use that new variable within each PAL method command. Otherwise the PAL always goes to position 1 regardless of what is in the sequence.
10 posts Page 1 of 1