MSD Chemstation "multiple" SIMs or EICs

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
MSD Chemstation (E.02); product and side-product have the same retention time but we would like to quantify them using a specific ion for each. SIM doesn't really work (groups or not) as that is a single trace of the tracked ions. We can extract the ion chromatograms in Data Analysis afterwards, but that can get time-consuming if we have a lot of samples. Ideally we want the areas separately for two tracked ions from two peaks with the same retention time that we can easily pull out into a spreadsheet/CSV file with a set of macros and it would be best if that would be done once we view the files in DA.

It must be simpler than I think; I would prefer not to have to write yet another complex DA macro.

Thanks!
Sorry if I don't understand the question. Can't you just add both compounds to the calibration table, using ion A for one and ion B for the other? The fact that they have the same RT shouldn't matter if they have different ions.
Yes, I realize that now. I hadn't fully gotten I could use a target ion. Still wrote a macro to get everything out in one go to a .csv file, but it's cleaner than running an EIC beforehand on each file. Thanks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1