Communication failure Waters Acquity and Empower 2

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone
I am trying to use an older H class UPLC system with PDA detector that is set up with a computer running Empower 2 software. This system has not been used in ~5 years. I fired up the system and it looks like I am running into communication errors for all instruments. Google searches have shown me some notes on the Waters website, posts here and on reddit with suggestions from other users.
I have tried various things such as powering everything down and powering up instruments and components in different orders, deleting systems from empower and re-adding them to a new file with no success. Cable connections seem to be fine and I suspect this is a software issue. The computer does not have a working internet connection and I believe it was used in the past while being offline.

Was just wondering if anyone had experience with this, and any other suggestions for how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Aaron
Hi

could be that the internal IP adresses of the module were reset and fix, not on DHCP.
I had it once, that two modules had the same IP, so I had to telnet/ssh to the module and reset it.
There should be a Waters Knowledge Base entry for this. You will need a serial cable if Irember properly.

Could you fire up the Acquity console and scan for the modules? do you see some or all or none at all?

Maybe connect one Acquity module after one and check, if the dhcp server sees the IP of the module. If two got the same, then you need to reset that of one module
2 posts Page 1 of 1