Shimadzu CBM-20A: Any alternative to Internet Explorer?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm sure many people are encountering issues with Internet Explorer based software in terms of their local cyber security rules.

I was wondering if anyone knows any alternatives to IE for running the old Shimadzu HPLC control software, CBM-20A? We have an LC-20ad XR instrument. Our IT team don't like us using IE! We have tried IE mode in Edge, but that doesn't work. Are there any other browsers or pieces of software that are compatible with the Shimadzu software?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Scientific Officer at Newcastle University Centre for Cancer
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/cancer/people/pro ... stley.html
I can mention our Peaksel, but it's only for post-run analysis (it can read Shimadzu LCD files). It doesn't control the instruments themselves - so probably not what you're looking for?
Software Engineer at elsci.io (my contact: stanislav.bashkyrtsev@elsci.io)
sbashkyrtsev wrote:
I can mention our Peaksel, but it's only for post-run analysis (it can read Shimadzu LCD files). It doesn't control the instruments themselves - so probably not what you're looking for?

Thank you, but yes you're right. We use Analyst for processing LC-MS data. The buttons on the physical control panel are broken, so we rely on IE for controlling the HPLC.
Scientific Officer at Newcastle University Centre for Cancer
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/cancer/people/pro ... stley.html
danastley wrote:
Hello,

I'm sure many people are encountering issues with Internet Explorer based software in terms of their local cyber security rules.

I was wondering if anyone knows any alternatives to IE for running the old Shimadzu HPLC control software, CBM-20A? We have an LC-20ad XR instrument. Our IT team don't like us using IE! We have tried IE mode in Edge, but that doesn't work. Are there any other browsers or pieces of software that are compatible with the Shimadzu software?

Thanks for any suggestions.

* Run IE within virtual machine.
* Restrict VM to local non-routable network.
* Convince IT team raise their qualification by education instead of threatening analysts.
4 posts Page 1 of 1