Anything but EZChrom...

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
We have an Agilent (rebadged Varian) 490 Micro GC that we use for permanent gas analysis. All the acquisition and processing on this instrument is done using EZChrom. We're all MassHunter/Chemstation users in my lab, and the workflow in EZChrom is absolutely tortuous by comparison.

Does anyone know if it's possible to acquire and/or process data from one of these MicroGCs in any other software? Best way to do it would be to convert EZChrom files to MassHunter, but I don't think this is possible.

I think we have OpenLab Chemstation somewhere that may have been available for this purpose but not sure if our licence extends from EZChrom to that.
If you want, we can take a look at EZChrom format - see if we can add support for it in our Peaksel.

The workflow in such case would be:
1. EZChrom collects the data and puts files in some folder
2. It's a Windows shared folder (or accessible via FTP). So we fetch the data and parse it.

If interested, please ping at stanislav.bashkyrtsev@elsci.io
Software Engineer at elsci.io (my contact: stanislav.bashkyrtsev@elsci.io)
Batch file converter can be started from postrun script
https://www.unichrom.com/chrom/ucce.shtml

ucc ezchrom_file.dat netcdf_file.cdf

Or even harder solution:
1. You record the datastream (serial monitor,Wireshark) between EZChrom and GC
2. You pass the data file to us
3. We write the UniChrom driver and give it to you with license for free
4. PROFIT
3 posts Page 1 of 1