ChemStation Environmental Report Print Issue

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using the Environmental Data Analysis of ChemStation D.02.00.275.

The reports generated to the printer via "Quantitate > Generate Report... > Printer" have a different font and/or spacing issue that makes the reports annoying to read. As a workaround, if I generate the report to Screen and then right click in the generated report and select "print", Windows manages to print the report just fine. This also happens for the BFB tune reports. Here are some scans of the printed reports as examples:

Printed from Quantitate in ChemStation:

Printed through Windows:

Printed from "Tuner > Evaluate BFB... Evaluate BFB to Printer" in ChemStation:

Printed through Windows:

The issue here is that the workaround to print does not include a chromatogram, so then I have to also remember to print the TIC window, which does not label the peaks. In the case of the BFB tune report, the spectrum is not included.

Does anyone have advice how to troubleshoot this problem?
looks like the monospace font (Courier New, FreeSans mono) has to be forcibly selected for report generation
antonk wrote:
looks like the monospace font (Courier New, FreeSans mono) has to be forcibly selected for report generation

I'm a bit of a rookie ChemStation user, how would I do that?
I've had the same problem. If I remember right (it was a long time ago) it was print drivers.
DReggio wrote:
I've had the same problem. If I remember right (it was a long time ago) it was print drivers.

I don't think it's the printer or the printer drivers. I connected to a different printer and it prints with the same spacing issue. I even told ChemStation to generate the report to the Windows document writer, and the generated file also has the same spacing issue.
AAC_Brege wrote:
antonk wrote:

I'm a bit of a rookie ChemStation user, how would I do that?

I'm not a big fan of Chemstation, but either:
1. It should be report configuration dialog which allows changing font.
2. Newer Windows do not install so called ""MS core fonts" - i.e. Courier New, Arial at all. Just download it and install.
3. Examine the corresponding report template and force appropriate monospaced font for chosen section
4. Use the Windows registry hack -
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... =w7itproui
6 posts Page 1 of 1