Sample set calculation

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'd like to know how to use properly the Qualibrate & Quantitate function when creating a new Sample set in Empower.
Here is a example of a sample set that does not calculate any standards or samples.

Note : I run the sample using Run and Report.
https://ibb.co/qnG3nmZ

Thanks you,
Maxime.
I'm not too familiar with that functions (it's too long ago).
But the obvious problem is, that your standards were injected as "samples". Therefore calibrate has no chromatograms to take the information from.
Use "inject standard" for the standards instead. guess then it should work.
Thanks you for your reply.

It's my fault in the creation of the sample set, I made one quickly to hide any critical information from my company.
Consider that in reality this parameter is correctly filled in.
ok, would have been too easy.

What if you manually process
a) a sample set
b) a single injection of a standard (calibrate) and a sample (quantitate)?

-> any new entries in the message center?

-->->
- rule out of missing tablespace quota?
- narrow down any issues with the method set and processing method?

---> did it work in the past?

----> have you built and tested a sample set created with the wizard
Use the sample set wizard in Empower when creating sample sets and that way Empower automatically assigns the correct layout for injection of standards, where and when to calibrate and quantitate and what labels to use. Much easier than manually creating one.

You need to know what way you run your standards before selecting an option in the sample set wizard- do you run standard injections first, followed by samples? Standards injected every x number of samples and one calibration curve created from these injections to quantitate samples? Bracketing standards with/without overlap? Match the way your company normally does it, plus each time you pick a layout there is a corresponding picture to the left which shows you the layout and what it will look like.

When you pick your selection, Empower will automatically assign the processing columns, labels, label references and Clear calibration, calibrate and quantitate lines for you.
Thanks for your precious advice.
It is possible that the tablespace quota had an impact on my calculations so I will redo an analysis, making sure that I have not reached the limit.

Also, I will try to make a sample set with the assistant wizard to see what needs to be done according to EMPOWER.

I will have more information to give you on my research next week.
Thanks,
Maxime.
I come to give news (good news!)
The sample set of my analysis worked as I wanted 8)
I suspect a tablespace quota problem in the end ...
This kind of problem will soon be over with version 3.6, the space is managed automatically.. phew!

Thanks again to you both!
7 posts Page 1 of 1