GCMSsolutions / Labsolutions Insight for EPA 525

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Our lab recently purchased QP2020NX single quad for EPA 525.2. We started with the GCMSsolutions software with the "EPA Extension” for data acquisition and processing. The instrument works quite well but I do have few questions:
1. Where do we find the last calibration date/time update? Shimadzu app chemist does not seem to know where to look. Our QA/QC department requires this kind of information to be available on the reports.
2. Labsolutions Insight will not open any files acquired with the “EPA Extension” enabled in the method. That applies to method files, batch files and data files.
We created a new method last week where the EPA ext. was not enabled and all files open fine.
3. What is the difference between the Insight Data Mode and Insight Processing Mode? The printed manual (which is maybe 30 pg long) does not really explain it.
I appreciate any help.
Thank you!
Hi,

I cannot help you with the EPA-mode - I didn't know it even existed.

But the Insight-program is not much more than a beta-version - there are very few parameters to configure and I'm almost sure that you can't report last calibration time.

You should use the "normal" LabSolutions program to generate reports. There is almost nothing you can't include in your reports. If you open a "Report Generator" window from either Postrun Analysis or Quant Browser, and create a "Method Properties" item, you can find "Date modified" and "Modified by" in the Header section.

The difference between data mode and processing mode is explained in the Insight manual. Maybe you don't have the latest version?

In the User Guide, Apr. 2020, pages 18ff, the section "2.1 Operation modes" deals with this.

"LabSolutions LCMS or GCMSsolution keeps analysis results in each data (*.lcd or *.qgd file). Insight can also keep analysis results in each data (called the Data mode) or alternatively, it can collectively manage a set of data analysis results and their analysis parameters in one file (called the Processing mode)."

In processing mode your original data files are not touched if you perform any operation in Insight.

Best regards,
Hartmut
oops, sorry. What I said about the report generation relates to LCSolutions, the GCSolutions are a little different (worse).

But there you can add the macro variables $Modified by$, $Modified Date$
and $Modified Time$ to the header of the calibration.
3 posts Page 1 of 1