Perkin Elmer Clarus 600 GC-MS communication problem

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody,

our university lab got gifted an old PE Clarus 600 GC with a Clarus 600C MS. I managed to set up everything in our lab but I cannot get the PC to communicate with the system via the TurboMass 4.5 Software. I set up the IP correctly, as I can ping the MS via network drivers, but I get no anwer packages by the ethernet connection from the MS.

Similar problem with the GC. I can start the GC with the attached control display, but no communication with the software via the serial port. I connected the systems, as described in the manual.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

All the best
D
Allright, I managed to figure it out myself. Do the following:

Make sure you have an English version Windows XP installed. Plug MS into the LAN port. Use the Icarus Software on the turbomass CD to figure out the IP of the MS (something like XX.XX.XX.2). Give the PC a corresponding IP (XX.XX.XX.1). Install Turbomass (deleted everything old on the system first). Start Turbomass, while the GC-MS is already running. Add the GC to the Tubomass Software. You have two wait like 2min to get the software to recognize the GC on the serial port. Follow the handbook step by step.

Done. GC-MS works. May the students rejoice...
2 posts Page 1 of 1