masshunter not responding

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
good morning
friends, I have been having problems with data acquisition. I put a run and from one moment to another the software (masshunter) stops responding. If there is an injection in progress, the GC continues to run but no data is acquired. Sometimes data is acquired up to the time of the run when the software was stopped. for example: if the run lasts 30 min and stops after 15 min, you can see that acquisition. but most of the time it stops no data is acquired.

That happens frequently. Before I had chemstation installed and it was also happening.
I thought it was because of the sequence, I tried injection one by one and it also passed.
In some forum threads I found suggestions. restart the MSD-GC, create sequences from scratch and nothing. Although the sequences last a little longer before happening again.

When reviewing the logbook, the error is always the same: fatal sequence error detected, GC is offline.

One suggestion I found is that it may be due to a card type or syntax but I didn't quite understand

If anyone has experienced the same, please share your experience with me.
You may have a communication issue with the GC. Have you tried swapping cables to see if it is that simple? Also if you have another switch that you can swap out, try that. Are you on a network where IT can run things in the background?
You haven't said what the instruments are, I assume you don't have an old 6890 with a Jet direct card, if so those can die a slow and painful death.
Steve Reimer wrote:
... I assume you don't have an old 6890 with a Jet direct card, if so those can die a slow and painful death.
6890N as well may have damaged network card
3 posts Page 1 of 1