Generate PDF from MSDChemstation Enviroquant directly?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
To upload chromatograms into our LIMS I need to generate a .pdf of the report and it needs to have a unique name for the files. The only way so far I have found is to setup a PDF generation program (using CutePDF now) as a printer, but the problem is I have to hand type the file name or it will simply generate the same name over and over and overwrite the previous one, which is not a problem for a single sample, but if I need to spool an entire run with up to 100 samples, that gets quite annoying.

Does Enviroquant have the ability to generate a PDF the same way it can generate a CSV file directly from the macro programming? I can make it generate CSV files using the Sample Name string with no problem, just don't know if it would do the PDF. If it does that will greatly simplify things.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
You don't have Microsoft Print to PDF as an option?
"Have you tried explaining it to the rubber duck?"
That would have the same problem of a constant default file name.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
I generate custom reports from MSD Chemstation Data Analysis where I set the report name/pdf file name by doing STARTJOB desiredName$; then set whatever pdf printer to autosave.
Does that give you a per sample name or a single name for the whole set of samples?

I would really like to be able to include chromatograms in my reports.
I'm not sure I understand the question, but it would be sent to the printer with the current set job name after the ENDPRINT comment is issued.
Trishia wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the question, but it would be sent to the printer with the current set job name after the ENDPRINT comment is issued.

We need to be able to upload each individual chromatogram or report into our LIMS, but it needs unique names for each .pdf or it will overwrite the previous file and associate them all with the same sample, over and over.

If we could get it to name the report pdf with the sample name from the sample name field it would be perfect. I knew how to alter the macros to generate output files with SampleName$.CSV but I can't get it to transfer that name into the pdf generation software. Just trying to see if there is a way to make MSDChemstation do that without having to manually type each name in and generate the files individually by hand.
I copy Trishia here. I did this years ago so do not remember the specifics but you need to edit deuser.mac of your acquisition method to include the following:

STARTJOB _DATANAME$
STARTPRINT

(here is your report commands)

ENDPRINT
ENDJOB

You just need to run "data analysis" part of your method, e.g. automatically upon completion of each run.
That's correct, it will send the set name to the pdf printer so you can set it to whatever you want.
Trishia wrote:
I generate custom reports from MSD Chemstation Data Analysis where I set the report name/pdf file name by doing STARTJOB desiredName$; then set whatever pdf printer to autosave.

So if I have a run with samples named Sample1, Sample2, Sample3 ect then it will make individual pdf files named Sample1.pdf, Sample2.pdf, Sample3.pdf if I spool the entire run to report?

I can't just have it auto report at the end of each acquisition because there are always false positives that have to be removed before the final report is generated so would need to use the DoList command with DetailedReport w/o Quant. (I guess the DoList option would be Custom Report w/o Quant actually if custom report is required.)
James_Ball wrote:
Trishia wrote:

So if I have a run with samples named Sample1, Sample2, Sample3 ect then it will make individual pdf files named Sample1.pdf, Sample2.pdf, Sample3.pdf if I spool the entire run to report?

I can't just have it auto report at the end of each acquisition because there are always false positives that have to be removed before the final report is generated so would need to use the DoList command with DetailedReport w/o Quant. (I guess the DoList option would be Custom Report w/o Quant actually if custom report is required.)

This
11 posts Page 1 of 1