Star Chromatography Workstation Software - old version?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

20 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm looking for a place to acquire Star Chromatography Workstation Software version 5.41 or better. I'm running an old Varian GC 3400, autosampler 8200 CX and Saturn 3 MS system.

Varian can't help. Adron Systems can't help. It should be possible to buy (or at least download for free?) 10 year old software?

My problem is that the software is installed on a DELL PC from 1994... this old machine is running Windows 95 - if it breaks, I don't even have installation disks. Thanks for any help!

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi Stephan,
In light of your situation, (no Installation Disks), you need to get your
IT section to make an image of your computers' hard drive, so that in the event of a system/disk failure the image. This can be copied back onto another PC or Hard Disk (commonly known as Ghosting).
Due to the age of the PC, this might involve them opening the case and plugging it into another computer, in order to copy the image file, and they would then Burn that image file onto a DVD to act as the Backup.
Preferably, they should be able to Boot off of a CD with e.g. Bart PE etc..., and backup the PC without opening the case and accidentally damaging the Hard Drive.

Alex
Hello Stephan,

I think I have a set of the software you need. But it must be the Varian Saturn Software (I only have this).
Let me know your e-Mailadress and I can send it to you.

Viele Grüße aus der Nähe von Bremen

Stephan (auch)

Stephan, you made my day. Thanks!!

By the way, I would like to buy a used license number (any version will do) for "Varian Star Chromatography Workstation", including SERIAL, NAME and COMPANY. Offers welcome.

Best regards,
Stephan
Hi,
I've just read your message and i would like to ask you if you know to export peak areas of several chromatograms to excel.
Thanks for your help.

Well, yes, in case you are able to export the file in any kind of format. In this case it is possible to filter out whatever information you want and import it to excel. I did that quite often for various file formats.
Drop me an email at stephan . lindner AT web . de and attach an example file, if you have one.

Thank you very much, Stephan.
Could you repeat me the e-mail adress?
If not, you can contact me directly in this adress: oiglesia@unizar.es

Hi,

I dropped you an email already some days ago...

Best regards,
Stephan
Hi stephan
I need the star chromatoghraphy workstation, any version ..

thanks in advance

reda

juan_redha@yahoo.es

You can control it with Galaxie 1.9 i have it. Send me PM or mail.
I found a very very very old version of Star at my office it is since 1991. Copy one folder per diskette!! It includes serial

Cheers

http://depositfiles.com/files/0f874w1i0
Hi,
The HD of the computer controlling my Varian Prostar chromatograph broke and lost data and programs. Now, I have to (re)install the application Varian Star 6.4 which runs the equipment.
Could anybody please provide me with instructions as how to indicate the soft to communicate both isocratic pumps and the 325 UV/Vis detector with the computer?
Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Azhturion wrote:
I found a very very very old version of Star at my office it is since 1991. Copy one folder per diskette!! It includes serial

Cheers

http://depositfiles.com/files/0f874w1i0

Hi,
I have the software on cd-rom but i've lost the serial nr for the GC workstation.
Can You help me?
I cant install your file with serial included because my floppy drive is broken.

Best regards
Dieter
DietA wrote:
I have the software on cd-rom but i've lost the serial nr for the GC workstation.

very typical, ask Varian for lost serial or ask them whether it is abandoned software

Can You help me?
I cant install your file with serial included because my floppy drive is broken.

Best regards
Dieter

Sure I can. Wouldn't 1 Euro be too much for working floppy drive?

http://tinyurl.com/y3ekz6y
Please, I need of the Varian software Star Workstation 5.5. Can anyone help me?
:D
att. Alan
20 posts Page 1 of 2