GPIB lock up

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
We are having a problem with out Agilent 6890 where the computer recognizes that it is connected via GPIB-USB however, when we try to communicate with the instrument we get as EABO error. We have increased the time for response and still nothing. After trying multiple computers, uninstalling MSD chemstation and reinstalling it, reinstalling the drivers, different GPIB cables, and resetting the GPIB number both through the instrument and computer it still will not respond. We have also set up the LAN card that came in the instrument and with this the program wont load. We would rather connect through the GPIB, but after all this and reading through manual after manual, and thread after thread, I am fairly certain that the GPIB is locked. Does anyone know how to unlock it or will I need to find a new GPIB card for the instrument? Thanks in advance.

- Azutos
Many 6890 owners happily replace GPIB with LAN.
Trust me, LAN is more reliable, faster and problem-free.
Read the manual how to configure LAN connection.
You need the BootP server - small program to bind instrument MAC address to IP address, this program leases this IP upon instrument request.
Then test if this IP responds - ping it.
Then configure Chemstation to connect this IP.
2 posts Page 1 of 1