Lc Server dll library failed Chromequest 5

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I work with Thermo's Chromquest 5 for Windows XP. This software controls my HPLC. I am getting an error message when I start the LC that says "Lc Server dll initialization failed".

I tried to install the software in a different computer and was able to activate its license. Still, I am getting the same error.

Does anyone remember this system? Any thoughts on what might be happening?
Hi
We are running 3 Accela systems on ChromQuest 5 (on Win7); I had this problem yesterday and appear to have solved it. We have been running them for many years on the same PCs. Please note I have no understanding of how the software works.
Firstly, "LC Server Failed" is a common issue when we are trying to connect to the instrument and usually solved by re-booting the computer and or instrument.
Yesterday we had this issue persistantly following a power failure. Immediately after re-booting the computer I ran the ChromQuest InstallationQualification program (under All Programs, Chromatography) this "Failed" and highlighted an "invalid" file. I then searched the computer for and replaced that file (copy, paste) from another, working, install of CHromQuest. Following a re-boot all worked again.
I hope this helps.
Thank you! That was really helpful!

I saw the error message exactly after a power failure in our building. I ended up using a backup copy of the whole system and cloned it into the PC's drive. So that solved the problem. :D
3 posts Page 1 of 1