EMPOWER 3 : Standards concordance

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I want to set up customs fields to automatically calculate differences and ratio between 2 standards.

The common practice I use is:
6 injections of standard 1 (label is Std1)
and
2 injections of standard 2 (label is Std2)
then I compare, with correction by mass, my standard areas 1 and 2.

In order to achieve this I already have create these custom field :

- Concordance
= ((StdCheckAveStd1/StdCheckAveStd2)*(Std2SampleWt/Std1SampleWt))
(Uses the other Custom Fields below to do final Calculation)

- StdCheckAveStd1 and StdCheckAveStd2
= STD1.%..AVE(Area) or STD2.%..AVE(Area)
(Averages the Areas of Std1 and Std2)

- Std1SampleW1 and Std1SampleW2
= Std1Check..(Value) or Std2Check..(Value) ' where Value is the standard amount (mg)
(Uses the weight of Std1 and Std2)

With this calculation I manage to calculate the ratio but I would also like to calculate the difference.
Here is the EXCEL formula that I use today and that I do not know how to transcribe on empower :

RF1 = AREA_Std1 / amount Std1
RF2 = AREA_Std2 / amount Std2

=ABS(RF1-RF2)/MAX(RF1,RF2)

TL;DR : How to use MAX function in EMPOWER in order to get MAX AREA between AVERAGE Standard 1 and AVERAGE Standard 2 ?

Thans you for reading me,

Maxime.
Create a peak, real CF, search order Result Set Only, call it Max_RF, The formula is:

(GT(RF1,RF2))*RF1+(GT(RF2,RF1))*RF2

This will return the value for RF1 if greater than RF2 and vice versa.

Create a second peak, real CF search order Result Set Only and incorporate the first CF into it:

(ABS(RF1-RF2))/Max_RF and this will work.
EmpowersBane wrote:
Create a peak, real CF, search order Result Set Only, call it Max_RF, The formula is:

(GT(RF1,RF2))*RF1+(GT(RF2,RF1))*RF2

This will return the value for RF1 if greater than RF2 and vice versa.

Create a second peak, real CF search order Result Set Only and incorporate the first CF into it:

(ABS(RF1-RF2))/Max_RF and this will work.

Thanks you for your response,
It did the trick !
3 posts Page 1 of 1