Empower3 processing and reporting problems

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out a bit.
having a few issues with Empower3, i would normally go to Waters with this, but the latest ticket I have raised has illicited lengthy waits and then irrelevant replies, which look suspiciously like someone just replying for the sake of ticking a box, but with no knowledge at all.

ok moan over.
the main issue is as follows.
when processing a sample set, I always end up with three curves, corresponding to the three listed components. one is the active, one is the internal standard and one is another named peak.

the Cal curve required is for the ratio of Active:ISTD
the curve for the ISTD alone is 5 points all roughly overlaid, so essentially a single point cal. the one for the other named component appears to be the ratio of the component to ISTD and is fairly random.

my question. is there a way to restrict the curves generated to only the Active:Istd. and omit the others
thanks
You could set the Y value to None in the processing method for the 2 components that you dont want a curve for, and make sure you have the internal standard peak selected for the active peak in the same row of the processing method, under the 'Internal Standard' column.
Save the processing method, process sample set and this should generate only one curve- that of area ratio (Area of active divided by area of internal standard) on the Y axis versus either Amount or Concentration of active on X axis.
2 posts Page 1 of 1