Custom LOD calculation for Masshunter Quant 10

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm running Agilent Masshunter Quant version 10 and I'd like to implement a custom calculation.

In most of our quant methods, we have an LOD field for our limit of detection. What we want to do is have Masshunter automatically output '< x' for results that are less than the entered value x in the LOD field.

For example, if I Analyze a batch and a result for a particular sample is below our entered analyte LOD of 0.1, we want the output to be <0.1 for that sample.

Any ideas as to how to accomplish this? If it can be output in the Final Conc. field it'd be a bonus, but if it can only be accomplished during report generation, this is fine too. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
We are still using Quant 7 so not sure on the differences with 10. I have yet to find how to change what is in the report, but on the screen if you input the MRL/LOQ into the quant method field it will cause the result on the screen to turn blue, to indicate below the reporting limit.

If you are using Excel to do the report then it is possible you could do some formatting for that cell to do it, but I have never figured it out. I need a class on reports as I know it is quite powerful you just need to know the programming to make it work. This is definitely one thing I miss about MSDChemstation Enviroquant, it was much easier to make custom reports.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
I found something else for this when searching through my files today. In the installed files on the D: drive I found a section called WebHelp and a subfolder Conditional Formatting. I have yet to look through that but if your install includes that folder it might be where you can find information on reporting below detection limit they way you want it to.
James_Ball wrote:
I found something else for this when searching through my files today. In the installed files on the D: drive I found a section called WebHelp and a subfolder Conditional Formatting. I have yet to look through that but if your install includes that folder it might be where you can find information on reporting below detection limit they way you want it to.

Thanks for the suggestion... I'm looking through the files we have (just the default Masshunter Quant 10 install) and can't see anything like what you mentioned... any suggestion as to what path they might be located at?

I'll start digging through the supplementary CDs to see if there's anything of use.
Mine are installed at D:\Webhelp\

Not sure if that is something that comes as default or if the CE put them there when he installed it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1