Thermo TriPlus standalone software controller

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear All!

TriPlus Automatic Sampling System – Operating Manual (Fifteenth Edition)
states that:
"The TriPlus sampler functions are controlled and programmed through a
dedicated software, integrated in a Thermo Data System or available as a stand-
alone version
, installed in a computer and interfaced with the instrument via serial line RS 232."

Has anybody seen the stand-alone software and where I can get it?
Hi antonk,

Is it this?

TriPlus™ RSH™ Sampling Workflow Editor Software
https://www.thermofisher.com/order/cata ... 77010-1200
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Looks like yes, but not sure if it handles RS232 connected TriPlus (not RSH).
I've watched the video - there is no COM-port selection, only IP.
Maybe I'm wrong.

If the owner of TriPlus machine should order and pay for this software separately?
Hi antonk,

I contacted the product manager and received this reply:

The Sampling Workflow Editor is only compatible with the TriPlus RSH autosampler. Although they are similar, the two instruments TriPlus and TriPlus RSH are based on two completely different designs. The electronics and firmware are different, and there is no way to make the Sampling Workflow Editor communicate with the old TriPlus.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
In short my task - run TriPlus in liquid and HS mode standalone (not connected to GC). Btw Trace-Ultra just passes through the commands. There is no way to pass sampler method from GC keyboard.

So the question remains.
If there is standalone software (as Thermo states in their manual) for setting the TriPlus method and playing the sample sequence which:

* Can handle RS-232 connected older TriPlus (both liquid and HS version) without LAN port
* Can run without ChromCard/Xcalibur

I dug inside ChromCard and found the sampler actually handled by MFSA.ocx ActiveX module which in turn wrapped by MfsaViews.dll C++ MFC classes.

I think I can run it from my container application, but if there is such stuff already written by Thermo (or whatever they acquired for that sampler) working.

Funny note - MFSA.ocx is written in VisualBasic.
Hi antonk,

Can you please contact me via email (john.guajardo@thermofisher.com) and copy your local Thermo Scientific field service engineer? I have some information on the standalone software that I can share with you, including a link that your FSE can use to download the software.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
6 posts Page 1 of 1