Atlas CDS questions?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
I heard from a local Thermo rep that the Thermo Atlas CDS was to be discontinued shortly, but no official annoucement has been done on their web site.
Did anyone also hear about that ? I'm worried about getting out of support if they really stop any development on Atlas...

frankliww,

We have not heard anything about this. The thought of Thermo discontinuing Atlas startles us (to say the least).

We rolled out Atlas is our department just over a year ago. That was after 2+ years of development, configuration qualification, validation and training. We're not ready for another major CDS change.

I am trying to see if our Thermo rep has anything to say.

Regards,
Dan

I'm not an Atlas user, but it may just be that they are stopping support on a particular version of the product. Have you been able to get back in touch with the Thermo rep who told you the information in the first place?
Tim
CDS Administrator
---------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Tim,

That is a good point as there are two basic/hardware versions of Atlas.

We use Atlas with the DataServers and the word we have is that Thermo has no plans for discontinuing support. In fact, they have many plans for the future with this product.

franklinww,

Do you use Atlas with the older ChromServers?

The ChromServers are the older devices and I believe that there may be plans by Thermo to phase them out.

Regards,
Dan
We have also reveived information that Atlas CDS will discontinue. The information was originated by a Shimadzu rep.
I'm a little bit confused as I just recieved an offer from Thermo.

Help???[/list]

They have a bunch of versions. The first is TurboChrom (which they plan to discontinue). They also have Atlas (many different versions). They seem to stop support for older versions pretty quickly, but the franchise is still there (up until I read this post, I guess). Atlas can control both Chromservers and Data Servers (newer tech) and they will discontinue Chromserver related support.

Is that that information that was related to you? In the future please provide more information on topics like this. If not, please follow up with your rep.

thanks,

Max.

I also was informed yesterday that Thermo will discontinue ATLAS software. However the rep told me that they'll try to continue to give technical support on this software, although their knowledge is limited.
I'm seriously considering to switch to the Chromquest software as suggested by the rep. Does anyone have experience with this software? Is switching a better alternative than continuing my struggle with ATLAS?

Mandy,

Was it an Atlas rep that told you this? If so, can I have his name please? We're running Atlas now and they're still releasing versions (planned until late next year). It would be very interesting if they were doing this as they've been acquiring LIMS technologies.

We even had an evaluation system during the summer and they indicated to me that Atlas was going to be the software that they're going forward with.

Curiouser and curiouser.
My name is Trish Meek and I am the Atlas Product Manager for Thermo Electron. I am writing to assure you that Atlas is not discontinued. We are currently working on Atlas 8 and planning is already underway for the next release.

Please email me directly at trish.meek@thermo.com if you would like to speak to me about our future plans and direction for the product.

Best Regards and Happy Holidays,

Trish Meek
Senior CDS Product Manager
Thermo Electron
Informatics

mandy,

the information you received about Atlas being discontinued is obviously FALSE. Thermo is a huge company but they would be pretty stupid to drop a product like ATLAS. What are the "issues" you say you are struggling with?
We had more issues with TurboChrom than you could shake a stick at. I heard TurboChrom was losing customers a lot lately.
Also, I heard that Thermo just bought yet another company this year (this time a software company...) and THAT company they bought dropped one of it's products to make the Atlas system even better. Atlas is an excellent product; my colleague heard at a meeting about 1 1/2 weeks ago that ATLAS is undergoing some enhancements now/ or is it in the near future - it's soon, it's needed, but they are not dropping it. Either that Shimadzu rep people here are talklng about, or a previous ex Thermo guy are spreading these stuff - some people can't handle change (I cannno either) but I am not / we are not switching from ATLAS for many years to come, this is what we are planning. We are looking forward to the next release they have, just need to know when that is exactly.

Best -
Harry

Hi to all
i'm concerned about this problem, because we are going to install a new CDS, and the local reps proposed to us the Atlas. they oppossed the rumors about stopping the suport to the program.
so where is the truth?

Why not read the responses above and contact the nice lady at Thermo who is the product development manager ?
12 posts Page 1 of 1